Another Thanks to Mike @ All for One Roofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Thanks to Mike @ All for One Roofing

After seeing a few threads about Mike's (mikec) great work, I gave him a call to see about getting our sunroom roof redone. It had apparently never had a proper roof done from the previous owner (who appeared to have built it), which only used roofing tar to seal it up. I had made some major repairs on a few of the rafters and replaced most of the outer panels/siding over the summer, when I noticed the roof issues.

After checking into things, and due to the low 4 degree pitch, I couldn't use shingles since it was considered a "flat roof". Apparently a lot of roofers just don't like messing with these or won't do them at all, but Mike didn't skip a beat. I didn't want the cheap asphalt felt that would only last a few years, so I asked Mike about doing a SBS modified bitumen material (I think he was surprised I actually researched this). He checked with his vendor and we discussed the options for what I was wanting. Mike was able to get me an estimate fairly quickly and was able to get started even quicker (the next day). I was very surprised by how reasonable the estimate was as well.

There were also a few extra concerns I had with leak areas as well as needing a new drip edge to work right with our new gutters. Mike took care of these and gave me specific details on the solutions he implemented. He also pulled up the last 18” of shingles, to underlay the bitumen, ensuring there were no issues with leaks where they met the bitumen. Mike even sent me a txt and a photo of the progress! It was kind of funny that Mike's OCD was about on level with my own. lol He definitely takes pride in his work...

Thanks again Mike!
    Last edited by Chritaka; 02-27-2012, 11:53 AM.
    Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

A few pics:

Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Lol! OCD is a pain in the butt, but helps in doing things right the first time...

Just saw this Chris, thank you! Word of mouth is so critical in this business, so you taking the time for this means a lot. Let me know if you need anything else and I'll get you taken care of asap!
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Got contact info on him? We have a roof leak we need to get fixed ASAP
        Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miketyler View Post
          Got contact info on him? We have a roof leak we need to get fixed ASAP
          There is a link in his signature for his website. You can find his contact information there.

Comment

Shot you a pm Mike...
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Odd question, but do you do rain gutters as well?

Comment

Yea Mike, I need the hook up on some gutters.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I do have a guy for gutters and I just left him a message. If you guys will shoot me your addresses and contact numbers I will coordinate with him and get you guys quotes, and possibly well hooked up!
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                    Lol! OCD is a pain in the butt, but helps in doing things right the first time...

Just saw this Chris, thank you! Word of mouth is so critical in this business, so you taking the time for this means a lot. Let me know if you need anything else and I'll get you taken care of asap!
                    Haha... Haven't been on the site in a bit, but thanks again Mike. Hopefully this will help you out. I'll let you know if anything else comes up!

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Hey Mike...question about gutters...

I recently removed my old gutters which were installed using the big metal spike nails...when taking them down, that little 1x2 board that they nailed into usually split and is some cases took out a little notch of wood.

Do I need to replace that before new gutters are installed? Can they just nail in a different location? Do you guys use the spike nails or the long screws to attach the new gutters? I'd like to take get the trim painted before putting up new gutters...but I need new gutters either way.

...and by the way, once I get this part figured out, if you could refer me to your gutter guy for some new gutters, that would be awesome
                      Last edited by GeorgeG.; 05-04-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        Hey Mike...question about gutters...

I recently removed my old gutters which were installed using the big metal spike nails...when taking them down, that little 1x2 board that they nailed into usually split and is some cases took out a little notch of wood.

Do I need to replace that before new gutters are installed? Can they just nail in a different location? Do you guys use the spike nails or the long screws to attach the new gutters? I'd like to take get the trim painted before putting up new gutters...but I need new gutters either way.

...and by the way, once I get this part figured out, if you could refer me to your gutter guy for some new gutters, that would be awesome

Just saw this bro. I would definitely replace it, as you never know where they are going in with their supports, probably going to be close to those locations though.

On the means of attaching, I'm not sure but I will try and find out tomorrow...
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                        X