question about land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about land

if i were to own 10-20ac with a single house on it would i be able to put additional houses on it later? the family has been talking about buying land and putting a few houses on it basicly in the corners but im not sure if this is even possible...

are there restrictions

Comment

You could also have problems if it is just one tract and your mortgage has a lien on the whole place.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Just looking at the bank side and assuming each home would have a mortgage. Each person looking to build a house would have to have title to the piece of land they plan to build on.

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
          Just looking at the bank side and assuming each home would have a mortgage. Each person looking to build a house would have to have title to the piece of land they plan to build on.
          i was thinking on my property that only 1 of the acres was actually deeded to the house, as i and all of the property owners here (my neighborhood) are albe to add an additional house on and some of the older retired ones already have.

Comment

There are a ton of variables here. You can sub-divide the land if it's not restricted. What about: roads, utility access, water, etc. You may be responsible for all these things as a "developer".

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
              i was thinking on my property that only 1 of the acres was actually deeded to the house, as i and all of the property owners here (my neighborhood) are albe to add an additional house on and some of the older retired ones already have.
              What?

Comment

sub-dividing might be what i was thinking. basicly if someone owned 20ac they could then divide it into 4 separate properties of 5ac right? as for roads, utilities, ect... i figured that would all be upto the owner to pay for though it'd probably be gravel roads upto a regular access road.

Comment

Ulysses Everett McGil says "you aint no kind of man if you aint got land"

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                    sub-dividing might be what i was thinking. basicly if someone owned 20ac they could then divide it into 4 separate properties of 5ac right? as for roads, utilities, ect... i figured that would all be upto the owner to pay for though it'd probably be gravel roads upto a regular access road.
                    Right just keep any easements and all the other right of ways in writing. Just cause family is good to go now, does not mean the same in 20-30 years. Meaning, you need to protect yourself and each other and keep everything official.

I know of a specific example in Paris, TX where a family did this and move ahead 30 years and one family cut turned off the main water for another property and then dug through it. Also bickering about road/driveways...etc

Granted, a few of those parts have been sold off and it's not family vs family really - but it's just best to keep it all on the straight and narrow anyway.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Right just keep any easements and all the other right of ways in writing. Just cause family is good to go now, does not mean the same in 20-30 years. Meaning, you need to protect yourself and each other and keep everything official.

I know of a specific example in Paris, TX where a family did this and move ahead 30 years and one family cut turned off the main water for another property and then dug through it. Also bickering about road/driveways...etc

Granted, a few of those parts have been sold off and it's not family vs family really - but it's just best to keep it all on the straight and narrow anyway.
                      Exactly. Just do it right the first time and don't let there be any reason for anyone to be able to fuck with the other property owners if there were to ever be a family dispute or someone sold their share of the property, etc. Get the land surveyed and staked off and have an easement on each land deed stated for the main entrance that accesses the properties and also for as far back as necessary for each driveway. There also needs to be a utility easement stated on each land deed if you will be accessing a rural water line to run from the road to each house and also for the electric power poles that you will have to have installed. I assume you won't need an easement for sewer utilities since it sounds you'll be out in the sticks and you'll be on septic. It would also behoove of you to go ahead and have each property line fenced so that there is a clear understanding of each boundary.

Comment

This is what we have at the family farm, basically.

The land is surveyed out so one acre goes with one house and another acre goes to another house. The rest of the land is agriculture.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
                          What?
                          are you slow?

Comment

are you slow?
                            Just because I can't understand your gibberish, doesn't mean I'm slow. Besides, my momma says I'm special

Comment

Working...
                            X