Storage shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage shed

Anyone have a review for some of the pre-fabbed metal or wood storage sheds from places off of the internets or local like northern tool? I built an 8x12 a few years ago and it turned out great, but we're moving soon and I just don't have the time to put into building another from scratch. Something like the below looks just too easy for the price.

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    Anyone have a review for some of the pre-fabbed metal or wood storage sheds from places off of the internets or local like northern tool? I built an 8x12 a few years ago and it turned out great, but we're moving soon and I just don't have the time to put into building another from scratch. Something like the below looks just too easy for the price.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...8427_200318427
    With a concrete pad they will last forever. If I can squeeze it with my HOA we will be doing something very similar but bricked to match the house. Riding mower and lawn tools, large car parts, wheel and tire combos, etc.

Not a bad price and beats building a frame from scratch for materials and labor.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I would go with the wood. I have the metal one just like the sample in that link. I hate it with a passion! It dents easily, leaks like crazy, and bends when anything bumps it. It is jut down right flimsy. Go with a wooden one, they look better anyway.

Comment

Ive had an arrow one just like the link for the past 5 years now, and while its gotten some dents over the years its still held up fine, no leaks and keeps the mower/yard tools/etc dry.
        I built a raised wood frame for it to sit on, used the concrete deck blocks to keep it raise off the ground. Only thing I would have done different is a lip around the edge for the building to sit on(seal better at the bottom when we get heavy rains) and water seal the wood.
        For the money its cheap and works, you can pop it up yourself in a weekend.
        If you have the time the wood does look nicer(and probably still really similar in price if you have the time)

Comment

the tuff brand of sheds looks good. Thats what im going with here in a couple months

Comment

I have one of these on a brick base and its great

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHIQ8gIwAg
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

JW33 why don;t you just put the shed items in the 3rd garage slot.... its not like you will ever have a project car to put in that spot....

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                With a concrete pad they will last forever. If I can squeeze it with my HOA we will be doing something very similar but bricked to match the house. Riding mower and lawn tools, large car parts, wheel and tire combos, etc.

Not a bad price and beats building a frame from scratch for materials and labor.
                Yup, but on a concrete pad you can be taxed on the improvement. That's why I didn't put a pad on my last 2 storage buildings. I used pressure treated 4x4s on those 12"x12" concrete squares. My latest building is only 8x12' (so it's under 100 sq ft and I didn't have to get HOA approval, or a permit). You can still put a level anywhere on it and it's level. I used pressure treated wood and screws/hurricane anchors everywhere. My wife says it's built better than our house, and she's right. I used pressure treated 4"x6"s for the door jamb.

Comment

anybody ever use this or the one in the shape of a barn, 85 percent of the reviews say its great. the other 15 percent say its the worst thing ever. it would be my first attept

Comment

I have a tuff shed, 12x16x10. It's great but expensive. I wish I could have a shop. FAHOAs...
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I just got done building this - http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

last weekend, first time I have ever built a shed and it went together really smooth. I had a couple of missing parts and they had the easiest customer service to deal with. I bought it at the Home Depot on 35 in south FW around November and it was on clearance for $299...so if you call around you might find one still. Was $899 originally
                      GIFSoup

Comment

Working...
                      X