Port-a-Cool vs Air Conditioner for Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port-a-Cool vs Air Conditioner for Shop

Just curious if anyone had any experience with these in a residential environment? Hoping to have a shop when the wife and move, if not we're going to build one. I thought about AC for it, but it seems like a cheaper initial cost for the port-a-cool stuff and they seem to work pretty good.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

I'm putting in na p-tac unit in my garage (like they use at motels) runs on 220 offers both heat and air, and a pretty inexpensive
    first class white trash

Comment

Swamp coolers don't work at all when humidity is high, it's just a big fan that spews water every where. They work great on dry and hot days though.

In other words the swamp cooler will be great during the days in June-August but worthless the rest of the year and after 9:00 or so at night.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
        I'm putting in na p-tac unit in my garage (like they use at motels) runs on 220 offers both heat and air, and a pretty inexpensive
        These are great with our somewhat mild winters, but be warned, they will use the hell out of some electricity during the winter.

I had one in a 800 sq/ft shop that was insulated with a finished interior. It would heat it up to 80* on a 30* day rather quickly, but using it a lot the shop bill ended up being over $200.

Comment

Good to know, so it could make a shop worst if humid. I was thinking about this too, an air conditioner would help remove some humidity...However it looks like ACs are higher up front costs, higher electricity costs and of course probably higher repair costs too.

Maybe a small one for working on cars/mechanical stuff and an AC for wood projects would make more sense.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
          X