Linoleum to ceramic tile concrete help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linoleum to ceramic tile concrete help

So, I'm pulling up my old linoleum in the kitchen to replace it with porcelain tile. I used a scraper and henrys adhesive remover to help get up the old glue. Here is a before picture.

Here is the concrete after a full day of scrubbing and scraping to the best of my ability with the adhesive remover.

Two questions.
    One, I got the concrete as smooth as possible but it seems that some of the glue is impregnated in the concrete is that typical?

Two, I did the water test to see if the concrete soaks in the water or stays on top meaning a sealer has been applied. Well, it seems that I have areas where the water is not soaking into the concrete. But, I have also washed and moped it today a dozen times with the adhesive remover. Do I need to let it sit over night and dry out before I try the water test?

Or, should I just go ahead and acid wash it?

Are you prepping for concrete stain or for ceramic tile? If the concrete is clean, dry, and without any major cracks or level issues, I would start laying tile.

EDIT: Meant to add, if you have doubts about surface condition and/or adhesion, you migt consider a very dilute muratic acid wash.
    Last edited by miketyler; 06-27-2011, 08:10 PM.
    Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X