New St. Augustine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New St. Augustine

Our landlord just planted St. Augustine sod last week. I thought he was an idiot for planting it this time of year but that's just me. He is paying for my water bill this month because it will need to be watered daily. Is there anything I need to be doing other than just watering it? Right now I water it for 30 minutes when it gets dark per his instructions.

I helped my dad lay down 3 pallets a few weeks ago. Just watered it twice a day for 15min at a time. If its on a sprinkler system, Id water around midnight-1am. Let the water soak in before the full sunshine. Laid down some fertilizer week 3 and its doing AWESOME.

Comment

Water, water, water. I probably wouldn't walk on it if it is soaked. Two or three weeks the roots will start to bite and probably another 2-3 weeks after that you can water it normally.

The purpose of watering in the early am and at night is that the water will soak into the grass and dirt as opposed to evaporating in the scortching heat.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
      X