Fixed line vs String Weedeater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed line vs String Weedeater

Whats everyones preference. By string I mean the one you wrap up and you tap on the ground for more line. I need to buy a new one today. Was looking at these 2. I like the ease of the fixed line and I know they make some thicker line for it. I also like the string version, however I hate having to string them up.
    Fixed Line Weedeater
    0%
    String line Weedeater
    0%
    Go Mavs!!
    0%

so i havent used a fixed line trimmer, i dont see the benefit as i burn through string when i weed eat... i mean if its that strong i wonder what it will do against my concrete walls and wood fence..... so ima stick with string line.

Comment

I'd probably go with string after this one. The fixed line is fine, super easy to replace but I'm pretty much replacing it before every mowing and barely have enough by the time I'm done trimming.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'm on about my 4th one in 8 years. I have straight shaft ehco line fed. But this one u don't have wind it and then put the head back together. U put the two ends of a single line in the holes then twist the knob and cut the middle of the line. Best iv used so far. About 250 I think at home depot.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
          I'm on about my 4th one in 8 years. I have straight shaft ehco line fed. But this one u don't have wind it and then put the head back together. U put the two ends of a single line in the holes then twist the knob and cut the middle of the line. Best iv used so far. About 250 I think at home depot.
          Ditto, I have the same one and it has been worth every penny.

Comment

interesting... ima have to look into that trimmer..

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
              Not bad. I will check that out. Yeah it is a hassle to take the head off and all. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X