Front Load washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Load washers

I am thinking about getting an LG front load washer and dryer. Curious if anyone is getting a mold smell with their washer or any other weird smell with them?

Reason I ask is that I have read countless reviews about Front Loaders becoming moldy around the front gasket.

We've had ours for 3 years no mold smell. The salesman said that when a wash load has finished, take a item of clothing (sock) and make sure to clean up any remaining water at the drain in the bottom front of the seal which we do, guess it works.
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Leaving the door open when not in use will help also, from what I hear. Id figure as long as these have been out, they'd have corrected the design by now.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Leaving the door open when not in use will help also, from what I hear. Id figure as long as these have been out, they'd have corrected the design by now.
        Yeah seems like most of the complaints were around pre 2008ish. Still coming in but not as many.

But yeah I have read to leave it open and to also wipe down the front gasket.

Comment

I try and make sure my last load is whites with bleach. Combined with leaving it open and cleaning any excess moisture i'm not having any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            We're going on 3 years and do what you're saying. No problems.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Plus use afresh or the tide cleaner once a month.

Comment

We had a top loader HE washer that did the same. Seemed to have a smell only after about 6 months of owning it on top of didn't seem to get the clothes as clean. We have since sold it and gone back to the old fashioned washing machine. lol

Comment

Working...
                X