Lawn Stickers HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn Stickers HELP!

Well I have noticed a progression from the guy who lives behind me. These little stickers or prickers are invading my lawn. They start with little yellow flowers and spread out. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of these would be appreciated. I have bought a few weed killers but they dont seem to be helping.

The hose end sprayer stuff should do the trick for those. It may not be immediate but I would think you would see burn down starting within a few days. What have you used so far?
    Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

I used a weed and feed at the begining of April. It doesn't seem like it did much. I'm willing to burn my whole lawn down and replant if I could. I bought a crab grass concentrate that was recommended because it kills broad leaf weeds. I am spraying that tomorrow.

Comment

I'm not expert, but what grass you use? I found that the weed and feed is nice for sure, but a new coat of grass seed also chokes out weeds. Just takes a couple of weeks and nice rain to see the results.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          I'm not expert, but what grass you use? I found that the weed and feed is nice for sure, but a new coat of grass seed also chokes out weeds. Just takes a couple of weeks and nice rain to see the results.
          Couple years ago I had a really nice lawn!!!!!!!!!! I over seeded the Bermuda 3 times that season, fertilized regularly, and watered all the time. That new grass choked out all the weeds for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
            Couple years ago I had a really nice lawn!!!!!!!!!! I over seeded the Bermuda 3 times that season, fertilized regularly, and watered all the time. That new grass choked out all the weeds for sure!
            Bermuda is good like that.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I had the same problem this year...fortunately I noticed them about a month ago when they were still green and soft. I was able to pull them up at the root and for the most part all the little stickers came up with it. I had a few that were already turning brown and the stickers fell off at the slightest touch.

I don't know if the "sticker" is what germinates for the next year but I just had to spend some time in the yard pulling up as many as I could before mowing....good luck.

Comment

Call your nearest John Deere Landscapes...they have some stuff. It may not be cheap though. If your neighbor doesn't do anything about his stickers you will be forever fight them.

Comment

I did read that the grass could choke out that weed so I may reseed. I also read about dragging a terry cloth to get the stickers that had fallen off. I guess I need to go and talk with my neighbor and do a good spray down with the John Deer stuff. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                    I did read that the grass could choke out that weed so I may reseed. I also read about dragging a terry cloth to get the stickers that had fallen off. I guess I need to go and talk with my neighbor and do a good spray down with the John Deer stuff. Thanks for the input guys.
                    Pre & Post emergent will help.

Comment

Mow regularly at a fairly low height. We need really warm nights for grass to grow profusely- it should get choked out eventually.

Comment

Working...
                      X