The Texas Open Carry bill has been filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
    This is an interesting read. Makes alot of good points.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/08...ut-open-carry/
    i stopped reading that article when i got to this:

Consider, for example, how many people with a concealed weapons permit rarely or never carry. I’ve had my permit for over three years and have probably carried 20 times. My wife has had her permit for over two years and has never carried a weapon. Are we typical CCW holders? Well, I think we’re closer to “typical” than the people who pack everywhere they go.

all the people that i know that have chl's carry most if not all the time, and i probably know around 20 of em. he made some good points in the article, but also spouted some bs too

Comment

• Originally posted by grove rat View Post
      i have not read the entire thread..

but if they allowed open carry in texas i would carry a full size in an outside the waistband holster and have my shirt draped over it. that way it is still concealed most of the time but if it does become visible(reaching up high to get something, bending down to pick something up, etc.) i will not be breaking any laws.
      You have to intentionally fail to conceal it for it to be illegal.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by grove rat View Post
        i stopped reading that article when i got to this:

Consider, for example, how many people with a concealed weapons permit rarely or never carry. I’ve had my permit for over three years and have probably carried 20 times. My wife has had her permit for over two years and has never carried a weapon. Are we typical CCW holders? Well, I think we’re closer to “typical” than the people who pack everywhere they go.

all the people that i know that have chl's carry most if not all the time, and i probably know around 20 of em. he made some good points in the article, but also spouted some bs too
        I disagree. All the chl holders I know rarely carry. I am an leo and rarely carry when off duty. I only carry if I am going to bad areas. I do not carry to walmart most of the time lol.

Comment

I disagree. All the chl holders I know rarely carry. I am an leo and rarely carry when off duty. I only carry if I am going to bad areas. I do not carry to walmart most of the time lol.
          It is odd how your CHL friends don't carry and his CHL friends do.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post

Stevo
            X2, most of my CHL friends carry. Hmm...
            Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
            Sooo... we're about to be able to carry on campus, and in the building?
            Yup!

Technically, you can carry on campus already...
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I carry almost every instance when I legally can. I even carry when I'm riding my bike or jogging.
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post

Stevo
                I know right... I honestly don't know one chl holder that has had his chl over a year that carries everywhere they go. I know tons of cops that don't carry everywhere they go. I pull over tons of chl holders that don't have their gun on them. So yes it is very odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                  I carry almost every instance when I legally can. I even carry when I'm riding my bike or jogging.
                  sounds like you are biking or jogging in the wrong areas! Lol jk

Comment

sounds like you are biking or jogging in the wrong areas! Lol jk
                    I've never had to use it, but like I've always heard, if I knew when and where I would need it, I would avoid it.
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I know right... I honestly don't know one chl holder that has had his chl over a year that carries everywhere they go. I know tons of cops that don't carry everywhere they go. I pull over tons of chl holders that don't have their gun on them. So yes it is very odd.
                      I've had mine for over a year and my firearm is ALWAYS within easy reach
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Since we're doing a consensus - I carry often but not 100%. I do a lot of work in ...

Schools
                        Other places that don't allow it

or have to wear clothes that don't allow me to carry. My G19 is not a pocket carry.

Past that - my friends are more of a mix - if they carry often or not. I don't think I know anyone that carries 100% - but often.

Either way, I don't think this has any real impact on the OC discussion. Although it is a bit interesting.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          Either way, I don't think this has any real impact on the OC discussion. Although it is a bit interesting.
                          New thread for "The Armory"?
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• it is funny that you are a leo and dont carry that often when not at work, about half of the guys i ride motorcycles with are leo and they always have one on them. they all work in the city(bad parts of dallas) so maybe that is why, i myself grew up in east dallas/pleasant grove

not really sure if it is relavant at all, just wanted to throw that out there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              True, he is. He probably looks at it as he is a sitting duck without a gun too. I'm not so sure I wouldn't just carry one in my car or something if I lived in The People's Republic of California. Then again I don't think I could ever live there.
                              I'd just conceal and carry and load the bullets in the mags while wearing gloves. Criminals don't like to attack when tons of people are around anyway.

Comment

• I want my option to open carry so I don't have worry about it bouncing out of my ankle holster while riding, so that it's not stabbing me in the back when I wear my belt holster and drive and so I can carry something that I feel comfortable with with my monkey paws instead of the little Bersa that I carry that doesn't fit my hand.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X