Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Texas Open Carry bill has been filed

The Texas Open Carry bill has been filed

George Lavender as finally filed the Texas Open Carry bill. The bill number is HB 2756; for those that would like to confirm or follow up on this bill itz here http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...2R&Bill=HB2756 . It seems to be for people licensed to carry a handgun (assuming that is the concealed carry license). I believe as a first step this is a great one, once we can get this passed we can try to improve on it later.

I am asking everyone to give their support to Rep Lavender and help push this bill through. I hope to give more info as I get it and would urge all OC supporter to do the same.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I'm not worried about open carry as much as I am campus carry.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I want them both. We should never be without our right of self defense

Comment

he is not trying to get rid of ccw though, is he? I want the option for both. Its not worth it if they are trying to mandate open carry. Also, they passed a law here fairly recently where you just cant take u gun inside the school building. They redefined the word premises to be the building itself. So that is a little win.

Comment

Above link did not work for me, here is one that should work...

Honestly I'd prefer open carry 90% of the time.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

i agree. since im being moved to ft. bliss in september, (( which is very close to the border )) im definitely wanting to bring my glock 23 out with me wherever i go around there.
            sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

i do not have to have a license to buy a gun so why should i need one to carry it. i believe there should be no laws about gun ownership . those who cant get one legal will just buy one off the street anyway. and if they are planning on doing something they will no use a gun registered to them. it's just insane to think a crook will worry about the gun law. open carry just might deter a few morons from doing something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                i agree. since im being moved to ft. bliss in september, (( which is very close to the border )) im definitely wanting to bring my glock 23 out with me wherever i go around there.
                Thank you for your service, and I too support open carry.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                  Also, they passed a law here fairly recently where you just cant take u gun inside the school building. They redefined the word premises to be the building itself. So that is a little win.
                  I took my CHL course 3 or 4 years ago and they had the same definition of premises back then so I don't think anything has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                    i do not have to have a license to buy a gun so why should i need one to carry it. i believe there should be no laws about gun ownership . those who cant get one legal will just buy one off the street anyway. and if they are planning on doing something they will no use a gun registered to them. it's just insane to think a crook will worry about the gun law. open carry just might deter a few morons from doing something stupid.
                    Curious - and no sarcasm there - how do you counter the argument that with open carry - it makes it easier to have your weapons compromised?

My main counter-argument is most of the hip holster I have, are easy to unsnap for me - but if at any odd angle they are a PITA. There are a few others, but generally speaking people who argue open carry, already have their mind made up and generally are against guns.

Anyway, I have the arguments about situation awareness and so on. Just seems like they are all easy to counter argue - especially from an uneducated anti-gun person.

Comment

No one knows if they're trying to do away with conceal and carry, in order to pass open carry? I don't want open carry if I have to sacrifice conceal.

Comment

No one knows if they're trying to do away with conceal and carry, in order to pass open carry? I don't want open carry if I have to sacrifice conceal.
                        They aren't, just proving another option. And the "the bad guy could grab your weapon" argument is a joke. It doesn't happen in any of the open carry states, nor to off duty cops who open carry so it's not an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          They aren't, just proving another option. And the "the bad guy could grab your weapon" argument is a joke. It doesn't happen in any of the open carry states, nor to off duty cops who open carry so it's not an issue
                          Still does not change the mind of people who don't believe it. Just like any other gun education....

Comment

Also, they passed a law here fairly recently where you just cant take u gun inside the school building. They redefined the word premises to be the building itself. So that is a little win.
                            Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                            I took my CHL course 3 or 4 years ago and they had the same definition of premises back then so I don't think anything has changed.
                            This.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

if they take it away from you it did no good to carry it . concealed or not. i just dont like all the rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X