Trump admin. relaxes U.S. sanctions on Russia imposed under Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump admin. relaxes U.S. sanctions on Russia imposed under Obama

The Trump administration appeared to loosen U.S. sanctions Thursday that the Obama administration had imposed against Russia in response to its cyberattacks in the 2016 presidential election.

The Treasury Department published a license that authorizes certain transactions between U.S. companies and the FSB, Russia’s security service and for the importation, distribution or use of “certain information technology products in the Russian Federation.” Such transactions had been prohibited under Obama administration sanctions imposed on Russia in late December. At the time, the U.S. sanctioned nine entities and individuals including the FSB and GRU. The Obama administration said that the FSB had assisted and provided material support to the GRU in its efforts to interfere with the U.S. election.

I just need to know when can I buy a Saiga12 for $350 again.

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post

I just need to know when can I buy a Saiga12 for $350 again.
    You're god damned right.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      You're god damned right.
      Because we're gonna need siaga 12s soon when the libtards try torching our homes and businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        Because we're gonna need siaga 12s soon when the libtards try torching our homes and businesses.
        Eh.. I've got plenty of other options.

Comment

Originally posted by craizie View Post
          eh.. I've got plenty of other options.
          qft
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Norway Secretly Wants Trump to Set Example, Rescind Sanctions Against Russia
            The West's anti-Russian sanctions have hit Norwegian industries hard, disrupting key economic ties. If Donald Trump were to rescind the sanctions, it would have a positive effect on the Norwegian economy, Norwegian industrialists found.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Eh.. I've got plenty of other options.
              <-----whistles quietly while walking back inside...

Comment

Would love to see 440rd spam cans of 54R for $80.00 again.

Comment

The White House will decide in “the months ahead” whether to remove sanctions against Russia in exchange for coordinating efforts against ISIS in the Middle East, Vice President Mike Pe…

The White House will decide in "the months ahead" whether to remove sanctions against Russia in exchange for coordinating efforts against ISIS in the Middle East, Vice President Mike Pence said Sunday.

"If we have opportunities to work together, I think the President is looking for an opportunity to begin that relationship anew," Pence said on ABC's "This Week." "But, make no mistake about it, those decisions will await action. And they'll be very dependent on how the Russians respond in the days ahead."

When asked directly about whether sanctions against Russia — with whom Trump has been accused of cultivating a cozy relationship — would remain in place "as long as Russia is violating the ceasefire in Ukraine," Pence replied that it "was a question that will be answered in the months ahead."

The Treasury Department announced it would allow U.S. companies to make limited transactions with Russia's intelligence service, FSB, that are needed to gain approval to import information technology products into Russia. The White House has disputed the notion that the move was "easing" sanctions and has downplayed the change.

Comment

i think trump will play putin like a cheap pawnshop guitar just as he did 16 rep and clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                      i think trump will play putin like a cheap pawnshop guitar just as he did 16 rep and clinton.
                      Trump's trolling is like something the world has never seen but Putin ain't no JEB.

Comment

putin's weakness is economics . russia is in deep shit and if trump starts pumping oil it will screw putin to the wall. everybody has nukes but trump has the largest economy on the planet as a supreme weapon . and unlike obama he knows how to use it. i hope .......

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                          You're god damned right.
                          The ATF appears to hate them, so I'm going to need 3 or 4.
                          WH

Comment

Working...
                          X