The media rules for covering the White House are about to change… radically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The media rules for covering the White House are about to change… radically

The whole article is good, and I suggest you read it, but the below quote works if you're lazy, and if you're extra lazy...

Tl;dr : the gloves are off. The media's gonna act like children through this whole Presidency, and any talk of the old republican tactic of stall and surrender better not come out yo mouth.

There’s a distinct shift in the winds of mainstream media operations taking place right now, but it’s not the one many of us might have hoped for. We’re closing out a period of eight years where deference to the White House, respect for the office even if you disagree with the occupant and a general sense of traditional propriety were the watchwords of the major newspapers and television networks. Even if you took issue with some of Barack Obama’s policies, the important and oh so very historic nature of his presidency demanded a certain level of dignity in the discussion. Failing to do so immediately branded one a racist in the eyes of the media machinery

There’s been an unofficial shift in the publishing guidelines at the Washington Post and other major outlets, and you’ll apparently be seeing it for at least the next four years. Back during the closing months of the campaign I wrote about the daily newsletters sent out by the WaPo to their digital subscribers. They list a summary of the most recent articles published – broken down into newsroom items and opinion columns – and during that time the contents read like a series of strategy papers issued by the most acid tongued members of the Clinton campaign. Has that changed now that we’re about to usher in the 45th President of the United States? Let’s take a look at the opinion section from one of the daily mailers which arrived this morning.

I didn’t selectively pick out a few pieces and photoshop them together. That’s the entire opinion section. Are you noticing a pattern? Trump isn’t even in office yet and virtually every square column inch is dedicated to direct attacks on him without any balance in the other direction or effort to soften the language. You can flip over to the New York Times or the website for MSNBC and find pretty much the same thing. (With a few notable exceptions.)

The days of “respect for the office” are gone. This is war, and the usual suspects are armed for bear and coming out of the gate strong. So do you still think that Trump should “put down his phone” and go back to the traditional model of letting the press filter his message and shape the conversation? If so, there may be a job waiting for you at one of these outlets.

Ah, so you mean they way they have tried to demean, decry, and delegitimize Donald Trump will continue into the foreseeable future? Color me shocked.

He came in understanding that our country has a media problem. They have softballed and loved on Obama without questioning him or getting pointed with their critiques. So while our country and the Middle East are in fucking flames, very few in the media seem to be willing to admit these mistakes and problems lie at the feet of Obama. Hell, they are still blaming Bush for crying out loud. Trump uses Twitter to bypass the 'MSM' and their unapologetic negative bias toward him.

So the media is howling and convulsing with anger at being disrespected, and now they are retaliating the only way they can. They are slandering Trump at every opportunity, and I do mean every opportunity. What they don't realize is that calling half of America racists / sexists / dupes is not going to help their cause.

I see that left leaning people are soaking up this negativity like sponges. They come on every day to FB to cry and bitch and whine about whatever fake new story they can dig up. They make themselves look like idiots. Gonna be a fun four years, for sure.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Everyone on here knows that I am not a Trump fan, and conservatives like me will be watching closely what he does the next few years (his comments on his health care plan concern me)

However, watching the hard left epically lose their shit daily about a Trump presidency never fails to amuse.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        Ah, so you mean they way they have tried to demean, decry, and delegitimize Donald Trump will continue into the foreseeable future? Color me shocked.

He came in understanding that our country has a media problem. They have softballed and loved on Obama without questioning him or getting pointed with their critiques. So while our country and the Middle East are in fucking flames, very few in the media seem to be willing to admit these mistakes and problems lie at the feet of Obama. Hell, they are still blaming Bush for crying out loud. Trump uses Twitter to bypass the 'MSM' and their unapologetic negative bias toward him.

So the media is howling and convulsing with anger at being disrespected, and now they are retaliating the only way they can. They are slandering Trump at every opportunity, and I do mean every opportunity. What they don't realize is that calling half of America racists / sexists / dupes is not going to help their cause.

I see that left leaning people are soaking up this negativity like sponges. They come on every day to FB to cry and bitch and whine about whatever fake new story they can dig up. They make themselves look like idiots. Gonna be a fun four years, for sure.
        Dude, well fucking said! 10 points! You should paste that to FB so it can be shared.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
          Everyone on here knows that I am not a Trump fan, and conservatives like me will be watching closely what he does the next few years (his comments on his health care plan concern me)

However, watching the hard left epically lose their shit daily about a Trump presidency never fails to amuse.

Thus far, he's gone hard right. Making war on the crumbling Goebbels approved media is a huge bonus as well. They deserve it. And no bias here but - I think that in the end we'll be talking about how they fought tha trump and tha, trump won.

If he really wants to get their goat, and I think he does, he should have someone photoshop up a nice "Goebbels Approved" stamp or sticker and start showing graphics of their stories with that stamp on it. That should piss em off pretty good.
          WH

Comment

Working...
          X