Recent LEO violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent LEO violence

Authorities: 911 Caller Ambushed, Shot Officer in Georgia.

Childress declined to comment on any possible motive when asked about his officer being shot so soon after the Dallas attacks.

A St. Louis-area police officer was “ambushed” during a traffic stop Friday morning, police said. The cop was walking back to his patrol car after ticketing a driver for speeding in Bal…

Missouri cop shot during traffic stop after turning back to suspect; comes day after Dallas police attack

BRISTOL, Tenn. — Authorities in Tennessee say a man who opened fire on a highway in Tennessee Thursday morning targeted police officers and others because he wa...

Authorities: Man who opened fire on Tennessee highway motivated by police shootings

At what point do LEO's start saying "Fuck it, I'm out. Enjoy the shit show!" ?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      At what point do LEO's start saying "Fuck it, I'm out. Enjoy the shit show!" ?
      Ever heard the saying "Stay Fetal" ?
      Chicago cops have adopted the phrase that was uttered by the jack ass Rahm Emanuel... They have essentially withdrawn from "proactive" policing. Baltimore officers have essentially done the same.. Crime rates have skyrocketed in both cities with no end in site. THATS what happens when the cops say fuck it. The animals take over and generally kill each other. Unfortunately innocent folks end up as targets as well.

Comment

I have a feeling response times for 911 calls will skyrocket and the already difficult job LE has attracting new recruits/applicants will only get worse.

I know at least one great cop who retired a few weeks ago because he didn't have any desire to put up with the BS that is going on now. He had 2 more years of "DROP' money he left on the table.
        1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
          I have a feeling response times for 911 calls will skyrocket and the already difficult job LE has attracting new recruits/applicants will only get worse.

I know at least one great cop who retired a few weeks ago because he didn't have any desire to put up with the BS that is going on now. He had 2 more years of "DROP' money he left on the table.
          I considered it in January! I got 5 to go and just tired of the bull shit. My response times will not change and my city is fairly well behaved other then the meth heads going on theft sprees occasionally . You would not believe the support we got today. Oddly enough we had a guy with a BLM sign peacefully protesting today on the outer edge of the city. No anti cop stuff on his sign and he was fairly friendly but he did have to call us twice. A car load of red necks tried to get him on two different occasions. Greatness though when I told him he was kind of in a sketchy area to be protesting (AB). He said "Yeah, I know there were two big blazers that went by with rebel flags on the back". I said youuuu knowwww both of those trucks are owned and driven by black males. His mouth just dropped open.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I assume your city is not ordering all units to be two person? That is what I mean by response times to increase. FW has ordered all officers to ride two person, so same amount of officers but half the units available to respond. Response times for those who are calling for help will go up under these conditions

I will have 29 years this November but will probably not make it to 29. I was already seriously considering retirement before this, but now I am convinced it is the right thing to do.

I pray for all the men and women who will continue to try and protect the public from the evil doers of the world.
            1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Having a job like a cop where most hate your guts it's not easy to just hang it up. When you do that it shows that you allowed the haters to win. Helping the public but getting treated like shit daily is not easy but someone has to do it

Comment

I assume your city is not ordering all units to be two person? That is what I mean by response times to increase. FW has ordered all officers to ride two person, so same amount of officers but half the units available to respond. Response times for those who are calling for help will go up under these conditions

I will have 29 years this November but will probably not make it to 29. I was already seriously considering retirement before this, but now I am convinced it is the right thing to do.

I pray for all the men and women who will continue to try and protect the public from the evil doers of the world.
                I appreciate the prayers; I know many veteran officers who have "had enough" and will be retiring soon. I begin my career this month during what is referred to as the "worst times for law enforcement personnel since the 60's".

Comment

Thank you for your service as a LEO. I just retired in April after 32 years and accepted a full-time position with a municipality. No regrets.

Comment

I didn't know you were a cop King.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      I didn't know you were a cop King.
                      I was not, but I hold LEOs in the same position of respect as our military service members.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        I was not, but I hold LEOs in the same position of respect as our military service members.
                        Ahh, you post was phrased in a way that could be construed as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          Ahh, you post was phrased in a way that could be construed as such.
                          That's true, looking back at it.

It was Paladin that I met once at an event over a decade ago back in the "pre-Canada" era. It was not a DFWStangs gtg as such, but there were several members there in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Thank you for your service as a LEO. I just retired in April after 32 years and accepted a full-time position with a municipality. No regrets.
                            It has been my pleasure and honor to serve all these years.
                            1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                              I appreciate the prayers; I know many veteran officers who have "had enough" and will be retiring soon. I begin my career this month during what is referred to as the "worst times for law enforcement personnel since the 60's".
                              I wish you the best in your new career. Please remember to treat people with dignity and respect, even though they will not do the same in return. If you do that you will not have any problems being successful.
                              1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X