No announcement yet.

Shot over handgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. The Constitution is not a living document; its words are as close as can be gotten to being written in stone. There is a process to amend it as you well know and those amendments are also written in stone. Courts also like to reinterpret the meaning of the words that are written in stone to fit into the political views of the individual judges ruling on a case.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• You know there are amendments that negate previous ammendments, right? Some that are negated (like prohibition) are left in there, not because they are written in stone, rather serving as a reminder of what didn't work.

We don't have the right to health care, yet are fined if we don't show proof.

I don't think that every "right" is written down in there, but I don't think citizens and/or government care as much as they should.

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        No. The Constitution is not a living document; its words are as close as can be gotten to being written in stone. There is a process to amend it as you well know and those amendments are also written in stone. Courts also like to reinterpret the meaning of the words that are written in stone to fit into the political views of the individual judges ruling on a case.
        Wait, so it's written in stone until something else written in stone changes it, but that can also be changed? I don't think you understand the metaphor "written in stone."
        Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I don't think that every "right" is written down in there
        They aren't, per the Ninth Amendment.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• There is no right to vote but if a state is to hold a vote, it cannot be restricted based on listed reasons
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• I think I just got called a liberal, but I'm not sure.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              I think I just got called a liberal, but I'm not sure.

That is what I was thinking and it confused the hell out of me. I am going to apologize for Gasser64; sorry CJ.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
              X