No announcement yet.

Texas HB 2918 would make it illegal to film or photograph police within 25 feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police really hate cameras because it makes them out to be liars when they try to sensationalize their way out of their mistakes. I have no idea why they care though since it is impossible to be indicted for any wrongdoing in this country, no matter how gross their level of incompetence.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      I think a 10 foot interfering with a police investigation would probably be a better rule
      This. It should have nothing to do with video. Put up some police tape, problem solved.

Comment

I think a 10 foot interfering with a police investigation would probably be a better rule
        Except if you want to record your interaction, you're going to be closer than 10 feet and thus, committing a crime that they can arrrest you for.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Except if you want to record your interaction, you're going to be closer than 10 feet and thus, committing a crime that they can arrrest you for.
          Yeah if that is the case it needs to be re written, that is pretty dumb. If I can video you for my records, you should be able to video me for your records. Nothing to hide on both sides right!
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            You know, if some kind gentleman stood over you in the pits while you were working on your G ride, ridiculing your driving and wrenching every time you pulled into the pits, holding his camera, you would wrap a tire iron around his head. Don't try and say you wouldn't, I was pit crew in the dirt car scene for many many years. Absolutely zero of you would tolerate this behavior. Like I said, I am a big fan of open records, cameras, etc, but there are those that go to far.
            I would tolerate it. You know why? Because fuck that guy. He isn't paying for my racing so he can kiss my ass. I can say that because I've had people in my pits criticizing my driving, and I told the guy to kiss my ass. Maybe you should've been a member of a pit crew for a classier bunch of folks. Sorry your bunch upheld the stereotype.

We as the public have a right to video whomever we want, as there is no expectation of privacy in public. I agree with you that being within a certain distance is uncool, but to codify it opens it up for "calibrated eye" tests by your brethren that aren't as reasonable. Fuck that, if you don't like being filmed, pick a different job and/or never leave your house.

Comment

This is fallout from those pricks with guns going around stirring up problems.

I think it's a bad idea. That means anytime that if I want to record my interactions because some cop wants to be an ass and abuse his power, then I'm breaking the law.

Even with the 25' rule, if I see someone being abuse and stand more than 25' and a cop sees me, all he needs to do is walk my direction and I will be in violation.
              Last edited by line-em-up; 03-14-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                I would tolerate it. You know why? Because fuck that guy. He isn't paying for my racing so he can kiss my ass. I can say that because I've had people in my pits criticizing my driving, and I told the guy to kiss my ass. Maybe you should've been a member of a pit crew for a classier bunch of folks. Sorry your bunch upheld the stereotype.

We as the public have a right to video whomever we want, as there is no expectation of privacy in public. I agree with you that being within a certain distance is uncool, but to codify it opens it up for "calibrated eye" tests by your brethren that aren't as reasonable. Fuck that, if you don't like being filmed, pick a different job and/or never leave your house.
                The bolded part is my only concern. We deal with the worlds finest on a regular bases and not much of a distraction could be deadly to us or the distraction. This is not all fun and games everyday.

Actually we always had a great racing relationship with all the regular guys at the track so none of us were bothered much, just smack talk. It was outsiders that usually would talk shit and get in a fight immediately. That was consistent for every track we every went to regularly. Sportsdrome, Kennedale, Devils Bowl, Heart of Texas, you name it, the dipshits were always fighting. I was in the pits or on the sideline my entire life growing up.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

- was mainly referring to a third party
                  - if you are under investigation, then its hard to interfere with your own investigation just by being in close proximity to an officer.

Comment

....We deal with the worlds finest on a regular bases...

....It was outsiders that usually would talk shit and get in a fight immediately. That was consistent for every track we every went to regularly. Sportsdrome, Kennedale, Devils Bowl, Heart of Texas, you name it, the dipshits were always fighting....
                    Aren't you talking about the same people in these two phrases? lol

Also, I was going to add that it is always the guy who doesn't have a car and could probably never afford one.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

- was mainly referring to a third party
                      - if you are under investigation, then its hard to interfere with your own investigation just by being in close proximity to an officer.
                      Except this doesn't make that distinction. If you hit record on an interaction with police as they interact with you, you are committing a crime and can get arrested and your recording device seized for evidence. Guess what just happened to your evidence of wrong doing.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

We all know we need to transition into a totalitarian world government to reach the next phase of civilization. Why do we fight it so much?

Comment

Except this doesn't make that distinction. If you hit record on an interaction with police as they interact with you, you are committing a crime and can get arrested and your recording device seized for evidence. Guess what just happened to your evidence of wrong doing.
                          except I made no mention of cameras in my OP, you are. If you are referring to the the proposal that wont go anywhere have fun talking about that stupidity

Comment

This is a good is a good example of why this law is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                              Kory Watkin's head just exploded.
                              If that were really the case, we'd have a damn good reason to pass it.

Comment

You know, if some kind gentleman stood over you in the pits while you were working on your G ride, ridiculing your driving and wrenching every time you pulled into the pits, holding his camera, you would wrap a tire iron around his head. Don't try and say you wouldn't, I was pit crew in the dirt car scene for many many years. Absolutely zero of you would tolerate this behavior. Like I said, I am a big fan of open records, cameras, etc, but there are those that go to far.
                                I sure would be thinking it, but usually keep from it. I can see where a cop is doing what he needs to and having to watch for some random folks walking up and not knowing if he may get jumped on and not just recorded. Hate to see where an in car camera is illegal when I get pulled over.

Comment

Working...
                                X