No announcement yet.

Texas H.B. No.A2165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll flip the script in a thread in a heartbeat, but how the FUCK did we turn a "yay, pot!" thread into Magnus bleeding all over the fucking place and Sir Dennis trolling him.

I swear, some of you boys could fuck up a soup sammich.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      I'll flip the script in a thread in a heartbeat, but how the FUCK did we turn a "yay, pot!" thread into Magnus bleeding all over the fucking place and Sir Dennis trolling him.

I swear, some of you boys could fuck up a soup sammich.
      Easy target, right time.

Back to weed. I'd like to also bring to the subject the many useful ways we can utilize hemp to make our lives easier. I think it was the paper industry that really pushed to keep it illegal.

Comment

Now if racrguy will only get to Googling and copy/ pasting some nonsense into this fine thread, my work here will be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Actually the complete opposite, but ya.
          I'll agree with this, but shouldn't we stop the whining from BOTH sides?
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Easy target, right time.

Back to weed. I'd like to also bring to the subject the many useful ways we can utilize hemp to make our lives easier. I think it was the paper industry that really pushed to keep it illegal.
            Why do you think it was the paper companies? Isn't hemp WAY cheaper than wood pulp from a long term standpoint?

Comment

Why do you think it was the paper companies? Isn't hemp WAY cheaper than wood pulp from a long term standpoint?
              Is it not? Not that I'm for or against this, just curious if you have info regarding that aspect.

Comment

Monopolizing moves

Comment

This.

I'm probably the most anti-religious person on the boards, and this doesn't bother me as he's not using it to tell me I can't do something if I want to.
                  I hope you never want to rape, steal, and murder. Cause they don't want you doing that.

But wait, by all the logic I've seen you post to date, you actually approve of those things! Because the christians preach against it.
                  WH

Comment

more of an entire industry infrastructure vs. just the paper companies
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I thought it was big tobacco that was against weed. Or was it big pharma? Or just the entire government as a whole?
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I'd be willing to bet the for-profit prisons REALLY don't want to see this. We lock up a PILE of people each year for pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                          I thought it was big tobacco that was against weed. Or was it big pharma? Or just the entire government as a whole?
                          Probably all of the above, some to a lesser degree than others.

I hold out no hope that it will change anything on the government front though. The way that those fools waste money, any new tax revenue garnered from even the complete and utter legalization of it, would just be squandered anyway. Its not like they're going to see this huge new income, and lower other taxes because of it.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Too much fucking religion.
                            You should get your name changed to Vaginus
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                              Given I only skimmed, but the bill looks good. His gospel in support of the bill is a bit offputting. The only thing I would change with the bill is to overturn convictions previously made for marijuana offenses. Get those guys out of jail and stop burning tax payers' money on it.

OP, that tribtalk link seems to be to something completely different...or am I missing something?

*Edit: Nevermind, just had to scroll futher. http://tribtalk.org/2015/03/02/the-c...ug-law-reform/
                              I scanned the bill and all it does is omit anything about marihuana, from the current law. It seems like at some point they added marihuana to the code, because it is always marihuana and everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                                I scanned the bill and all it does is omit anything about marihuana, from the current law. It seems like at some point they added marihuana to the code, because it is always marihuana and everything else.
                                Thus I assume this bill decriminalizes it, but does not "legalize" the sale of it per se.

Comment

Working...
                                X