Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marines surrounded at Al Asad?

On my phone sorry I can't copy and paste, but I stumbled on this:

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. - Lieutenant General Lewis B.'Chesty' Puller
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. - Lieutenant General Lewis B.'Chesty' Puller
      Absol-fucking-loutely!

AL Asad is a very unique base. It is strategically placed in a crevasse of a dried river bed. It is surrounded by miles of completely flat land all around. Adequately equipped, it impossible to sneak up on, but with only 300 Marines, there is not enough ground to cover. The base is huge. There is a highway that heads straight out of town, but I know that's not the route they'd take.

A Jordanian air strike is literally minutes away.

Comment

^^^

Yup, they done fucked up, Marines are here to fill heaven with souls, looks like its filling up time.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i thought king obama pulled out of iraq
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I was one of the last rotations there, when we "pulled out," I think our reliefs were the last if I remember correctly.

Comment

So, our dear leader gonna help our guys like in Benghazi?
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

he prolly wants them to die, gather some support from the sheeple to go back to all out war. that printing press is getting hot, need to lubricate it with some blood baby!
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  Absol-fucking-loutely!

AL Asad is a very unique base. It is strategically placed in a crevasse of a dried river bed. It is surrounded by miles of completely flat land all around. Adequately equipped, it impossible to sneak up on, but with only 300 Marines, there is not enough ground to cover. The base is huge. There is a highway that heads straight out of town, but I know that's not the route they'd take.

True but an American strike is kind of far off. It looks to be about equidistant from Qatar, Cyprus and the Persian Gulf. That and it's right about at the edge of helicopter range from Kuwait. At least it can be resupplied regularly. It's not just Marines either, there are plenty of ISF guys there. As long as there are jets flying over and Marines showing them which direction to shoot they'll keep fighting.

Hopefully we don't send the Marines a disarm and stand down order.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                    I was one of the last rotations there, when we "pulled out," I think our reliefs were the last if I remember correctly.
                    Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                    i thought king obama pulled out of iraq
                    I believe these are one of the groups of "advisors" that were brought in because of ISIS.
                    Originally posted by BP View Post
                    True but an American strike is kind of far off. It looks to be about equidistant from Qatar, Cyprus and the Persian Gulf. That and it's right about at the edge of helicopter range from Kuwait. At least it can be resupplied regularly. It's not just Marines either, there are plenty of ISF guys there. As long as there are jets flying over and Marines showing them which direction to shoot they'll keep fighting.

Hopefully we don't send the Marines a disarm and stand down order.
                    It's a bit too far for a helicopter mission from our current leap pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      ^^^

Yup, they done fucked up, Marines are here to fill heaven with souls, looks like its filling up time.
                      Wrong direction H.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

We could have a half dozen B-1s overhead in short order...if the POSIC really wanted to.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          Absol-fucking-loutely!

Al Asad is 38 square miles.

Comment

Exactly. Just driving the perimeter was forever.

Comment

I've seen so many different stories about this in the last hour, and they are all a little different. Who knows what's actually going on there.
                              68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                              63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                              i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Working...
                              X