More body cameras for police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    I agree with this. If I want to exercise discretion I can at my leisure. No one can make me write anyone a ticket or file shit. Ours back up a full minute, and it can be rather entertaining at times. There is zero ways for anyone to delete a file on this system. The only issues I have seen with all camera systems are the mic box not activating occasionally. Even in the newest systems I have seen this. Random as hell, but it happens. It actually pisses me off when my shit doesn't work. Some of it is comic gold bitches.

You know what else I would like to see. Body cams on politicians. Yep, I bet they would make the police look like angels in some cases. I love it when the biggest crooks scream for accountability.
    I would like to make politicians wear sport coats that have patches of their sponsors on it, kind of like a nascar suit.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      I would like to make politicians wear sport coats that have patches of their sponsors on it, kind of like a nascar suit.
      Now THAT is funny!!! Well played

I agree with this. If I want to exercise discretion I can at my leisure. No one can make me write anyone a ticket or file shit. Ours back up a full minute, and it can be rather entertaining at times. There is zero ways for anyone to delete a file on this system. The only issues I have seen with all camera systems are the mic box not activating occasionally. Even in the newest systems I have seen this. Random as hell, but it happens. It actually pisses me off when my shit doesn't work. Some of it is comic gold bitches.

You know what else I would like to see. Body cams on politicians. Yep, I bet they would make the police look like angels in some cases. I love it when the biggest crooks scream for accountability.
      Amen brother... effing mic boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post

Oh, and ftp
        HELL to tha yeah!

Comment

The cost is a bit high as always but I think it would help the police out as much as the people. CYA for citizen complaints and such.

Comment

There is zero ways for anyone to delete a file on this system.
            I think you have a little too much faith in data storage capabilities. Unless it's uploading real time to a secure remote server it can disappear. Even then if someone really didn't want a feed to get out they could disable the transmitter. Sure you may not be able to access the drive through your terminal in the car but that doesn't mean you can't physically remove the drive and blast it full of holes with a shotgun. Or go even more extreme and torch the entire vehicle.

Comment

The cost may be bullshit and someone getting their palms greased, but just think how much the nonsense in Ferguson alone has cost business', taxpayers, and small business owners.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                The cost may be bullshit and someone getting their palms greased, but just think how much the nonsense in Ferguson alone has cost business', taxpayers, and small business owners.
                I absolutely guarantee you there are palms being greased.

Btw it's $75 million for the 50k cameras ($1500 each), the remaining $188 million is to train police to use the $18,000,000,000 worth of free paramilitary gear they have been given already.

It's funny how the media picks up on the police camera portion of the executive order when it's only about 25% of the total deal. There are 750k officers in local police forces, what about the 700k that aren't getting cameras?

This "problem" can't be fixed by the federal government throwing money at it. What we need are strong black leaders that preach about respect for your fellow man and how to overcome racial bias. Be the better person and use the system to improve your community instead of destroying it. Instead though we get an administration that uses racism as an excuse to expand the federal government into local police forces.

Comment

Our whole department has had body cameras (VieVu brand. About $900/each) for about 2-3 years. I don't have a single problem wearing it.

Comment

Some of it is comic gold bitches.
                    Any possibility of us ever being able to see the comic gold? Perhaps its public record
                    WH

Comment

why dont they just trade all the military gear for these cameras, no more money spent. sounds good to me
                      Big Rooster Racing
                      1985 Mustang GT

Comment

they will probably need the military gear when the shit hits the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                          why dont they just trade all the military gear for these cameras, no more money spent. sounds good to me
                          Did you actually think this through before posting? Who the fuck would they trade them to? What is a technology company going to do with APCs? Jesus fuck, most of you people are 'tarded.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Did you actually think this through before posting? Who the fuck would they trade them to? What is a technology company going to do with APCs? Jesus fuck, most of you people are 'tarded.
                            OCP says they are willing to trade.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              you're right oh well, I guess some people are special
                              Big Rooster Racing
                              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                                you're right oh well, I guess some people are special
                                he's extra special
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X