Hagel resigning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagel resigning!

We won't have an E-5 running our entire military any more.

Originally posted by BP View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us...-pressure.html

We won't have an E-5 running our entire military any more.
    Great... we'll just have to wait for the next E-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Great... we'll just have to wait for the next E-0.
      I'm hoping he looks for someone that's been to some kind of war college. Since this is Obama we are talking about it's probably going to be someone black and possibly female. I'd be happy with Admiral Michelle Howard getting the job. She's more than qualified and fits his criteria.

Comment

I,just saw that Ash Carter already left too. He would be a better fit since he would be the best bet to get the military the funding they need through DC. Leave the technical stuff to the Joint Chiefs.

Comment

I'm surprised Obama forced him out. He seemed to be perfect for what the President believes in.

I'm hoping he looks for someone that's been to some kind of war college. Since this is Obama we are talking about it's probably going to be someone black and possibly female. I'd be happy with Admiral Michelle Howard getting the job. She's more than qualified and fits his criteria.
          Just did a lookup on her. Sounds like she is still in the Navy. She would have to retire in order to be the Sec Def. There isn't any precedent for a member of the active military to serve on a cabinet position. The highest uniformed position is going to be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. I'm not sure there is a law stating the position must be held by a civilian but this country does have a long tradition of the military being ultimately run by a civilian leadership..

Comment

I'm sure his first choice would be a black female dyke non-American..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              Just did a lookup on her. Sounds like she is still in the Navy. She would have to retire in order to be the Sec Def. There isn't any precedent for a member of the active military to serve on a cabinet position. The highest uniformed position is going to be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. I'm not sure there is a law stating the position must be held by a civilian but this country does have a long tradition of the military being ultimately run by a civilian leadership..
              There are rules regarding the secdef, you have to be retired for 7 years. So I guess she's out. I wonder what Colin Powell is up to these days?

I was thinking about Petreaus. He was an active general when Obama appointed him as CIA director and probably did both jobs concurrently. He did technically retire a month prior to being sworn in but there was a transition period.
              Last edited by BP; 11-24-2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

There are rules regarding the secdef, you have to be retired for 7 years. So I guess she's out. I wonder what Colin Powell is up to these days?

I was thinking about Petreaus. He was an active general when Obama appointed him as CIA director and probably did both jobs concurrently. He did technically retire a month prior to being sworn in but there was a transition period.
                  I don't think Colin would jump in the middle of this shit storm wearing a rubber suit.

Comment

You can bet that this move has absolutely nothing to do with improving our military or security and everything to do with furthering the head muslim in charge's agenda.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                      you can bet that this move has absolutely nothing to do with improving our military or security and everything to do with furthering the head muslim in charge's agenda.

Mardyn
                      duh!

Comment

From the NYT article..
                        he officials characterized the decision as a recognition that the threat from the militant group Islamic State will require different skills from those that Mr. Hagel, who often struggled to articulate a clear viewpoint and was widely viewed as a passive defense secretary, was brought in to employ.
                        Is it me or did the Administration just call him incompetent?

Comment

Forest for Sec. Of Defense
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            I'm surprised Obama forced him out. He seemed to be perfect for what the President believes in.

Hagel said on his last interview that Obama is screwing up the military, so you think it'll get better?
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I'd like to announce that the President has accepted my request to be Sec of Defense. Please standby while I get this shit sorted.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X