Obama's amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's amnesty

So, who thinks Obama is going to go whole hog versus putting just enough stuff out there to get the illegals to think he's doing something while staying just behind the line to keep from getting impeached? I think he's scared of losing power and he won't just blanket amnesty but he's going to try to push it.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I say all 30whatever million get amnesty. He doesn't care.

Comment

I think he will push for all he can and thinks that the country will cave and he will get most of what he wants.

Comment

This is gonna be another gutless move on his part. He doesn't know how to wield power, so he wasted it on nonsense, and now that he's backed into a corner, all he can do is grandstand.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That's the way of US politics now. All or nothing, no compromise. Admittedly, I have no compromise on the opposite side though. Illegal is illegal, at least when I do something wrong it works that way. Not sure why we would change it for folks who are not even citizens.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            That's the way of US politics now. All or nothing, no compromise. Admittedly, I have no compromise on the opposite side though. Illegal is illegal, at least when I do something wrong it works that way. Not sure why we would change it for folks who are not even citizens.
            Because they are honest, hard workers!

...and comprise a very significant voting block that neither party is prepared to alienate. So the policy is, "we open the door, you come in and vote for us." Great.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Why wouldn't he go all out? McConnell and Boehner can talk all they want but they don't get the gavel until January. By then we'll have 6 million new democratic voters. Most of which are in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Anyone that's against him is still a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Why wouldn't he go all out? McConnell and Boehner can talk all they want but they don't get the gavel until January. By then we'll have 6 million new democratic voters. Most of which are in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Anyone that's against him is still a racist.
                This. Also look for him to pull recess fuckery.

Comment

Much as many Republicans might like to forget it, the last major comprehensive immigration reform bill to make it through Congress was signed into law by then-President Reagan in 1986. The Immigration Reform and Control Act, Americans were told, was an immigration crackdown that simultaneously “preserves and enhances the nation’s heritage of legal immigration.”

The law lifted more than 2.7 million immigrants out of the shadows and into the U.S. workforce. For the first time, millions of undocumented immigrants could apply for a job, open a bank account, start building credit and even buy their own homes. Undocumented immigrants who had lived in the U.S. continuously before 1982 and were able to pay a $185 fee became eligible for a green card in an expedited process that in many cases took just months to complete.

A bi-partisan bill passed the Senate how long ago?? The House took it up for a vote how many times?? Wait, let's say they broke it up into different parts, then they voted on it. Did they do it?? NO!!!!!. Cowards sons of es sat on their asses and did diddly squat and now the President is going to do what he deems worthy without the approval of Congress. Can't blame him, I blame the House 'leadership' (leadership implying you can actually lead...) for not acting. They had their chance, now the president is doing what he thinks is legal.... This could have been resolved MANY months ago.

The power of the executive is bound only by what is written in the Constitution. Practically every President has left the executive stronger than what they inherited. Obama is continuing that tradition. Is it right or wrong that the power of the executive is much more expansive than what is enumerated in the Constitution? That's an entirely different debate

Comment

No one is doing a damn thing to stop the man, so why shouldn't he "fundamentally change the way America looks"?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                      undocumented immigrants
                      Is that the PC way to say illegals?

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      No one is doing a damn thing to stop the man, so why shouldn't he "fundamentally change the way America looks"?
                      At this point, I think the only ways to stop politicians is by illegal means?
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        His plan is to use "his amnesty plan" not for amnesty so much as he will use the debate around it to create a constitutional crisis.

Anyone who believes Barack Obama is now after six years in office acting on immigration out of an empathy for those here illegally hasn’t been paying attention. Everything Obama does and I do mean everything has a political calculation. He came into office vowing to fundamentally change America. This is his next step.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
                          His plan is to use "his amnesty plan" not for amnesty so much as he will use the debate around it to create a constitutional crisis.

Anyone who believes Barack Obama is now after six years in office acting on immigration out of an empathy for those here illegally hasn’t been paying attention. Everything Obama does and I do mean everything has a political calculation. He came into office vowing to fundamentally change America. This is his next step.
                          Then his math was off. He's effectively nutted, and the country has swung pretty seriously conservative during his presidency. If things have changed, they have changed to the detriment of his agenda. He hasn't become some all-powerful bogeyman. Obamacare is the only major piece of legislation that he's been able to get through, and it's crumbling. The tinfoil hat act is not necessary. Take a breath, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Is that the PC way to say illegals?

At this point, I think the only ways to stop politicians is by illegal means?
                            Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                              Much as many Republicans might like to forget it, the last major comprehensive immigration reform bill to make it through Congress was signed into law by then-President Reagan in 1986. The Immigration Reform and Control Act, Americans were told, was an immigration crackdown that simultaneously “preserves and enhances the nation’s heritage of legal immigration.”

The law lifted more than 2.7 million immigrants out of the shadows and into the U.S. workforce. For the first time, millions of undocumented immigrants could apply for a job, open a bank account, start building credit and even buy their own homes. Undocumented immigrants who had lived in the U.S. continuously before 1982 and were able to pay a $185 fee became eligible for a green card in an expedited process that in many cases took just months to complete.

A bi-partisan bill passed the Senate how long ago?? The House took it up for a vote how many times?? Wait, let's say they broke it up into different parts, then they voted on it. Did they do it?? NO!!!!!. Cowards sons of es sat on their asses and did diddly squat and now the President is going to do what he deems worthy without the approval of Congress. Can't blame him, I blame the House 'leadership' (leadership implying you can actually lead...) for not acting. They had their chance, now the president is doing what he thinks is legal.... This could have been resolved MANY months ago.

The power of the executive is bound only by what is written in the Constitution. Practically every President has left the executive stronger than what they inherited. Obama is continuing that tradition. Is it right or wrong that the power of the executive is much more expansive than what is enumerated in the Constitution? That's an entirely different debate
                              Don't make the comparison. That had Congressional support. This is just Obama conducting an illegal operation, bragging about and getting away with it.

No current legal process will stop the son of a bitch either. Our government and military leadership should step in, but the pussification of both disgusts me.

Yes, I said it. The military could be justified at this point, but the leadership is full of puzzles and/or ignorant fuck just like the rest of DC.

ALL enemies foreign and domestic. We have a threat to the integrity of the country and he's sitting on the throne.

Comment

Working...
                              X