Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ted Cruz not understand Net Neutrality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't read the thread.
    My problem with government control of anything, is bullshit government bureaucracy and how inefficient and ineffective it is, that and censorship, the government has been trying to pass sopa, cipa, and all these control measures to basically censure the Internet, even using China as its model for censorship.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
      He and the repubs are in control of the board, they dont have to sacrifice a pawn to somebody who has lost most of the board. If he wants show what he's about, he should be doing right all the time. Instead this move just reinforces that he is the wrong candidate to the middle left who are lining up to vote for a motherly figure
      Fair point. I still like him.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Except it has been used repeatedly to regulate commerce, so try again. At this point, the use of the commerce clause applies almost entirely to trade, including intrastate trade.
        Has been used but is not what the clause actually says. It was about states trading, the writings of the time are very clear on this.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

So, when does our internet get better? Anyone have the scoop on that?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
            Didn't read the thread.
            My problem with government control of anything, is bullshit government bureaucracy and how inefficient and ineffective it is, that and censorship, the government has been trying to pass sopa, cipa, and all these control measures to basically censure the Internet, even using China as its model for censorship.
            SOPA and PIPA passing are not the same thing as a government agency regulating an industry it already oversees.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Has been used but is not what the clause actually says. It was about states trading, the writings of the time are very clear on this.
            The horses are out of the barn, and the Supreme Court agrees with me, so what irrelevant argument would you like to make next? Get your representative to draft a bill neutering the clause in question, and lobby to get it through. Don't just cry in the mud like a spoiled kid at the unfairness of it all.

Comment

The Supreme Court also said internment is constitutional. The document agrees with me. Guess which our Founders thought was more important.

Comment

SOPA and PIPA were spawned by the RIAA, some of the big media companies, and ISPs as being attempts to overreach and stop piracy and establish the legal footings for the proposed service fees and paywalls. These acts are what brought net neutrality from being the "Information wants to be free" concept to a rallying point

Comment

Comment

The Supreme Court also said internment is constitutional. The document agrees with me. Guess which our Founders thought was more important.
                    No it doesn't. Your interpretation of it agrees with you. Who should we presume knows more about it? Constitutional scholars with decades on the bench, or you?

Comment

Guess which one actually is more important, in 2014? I don't get why you go on these rants. They just make you look like a person that doesn't understand how the world works. We all get it, you're a big fan of the Constitution. You don't have to prove it every time something political is being discussed by sticking your head in the sand and just repeating Constitution over and over again.

Comment

No it doesn't. Your interpretation of it agrees with you. Who should we presume knows more about it? Constitutional scholars with decades on the bench, or you?
                        It was written so that even the farmers of the day could understand it. It is in English and simple. It doesn't need or permit interpretation.

Comment

It was written so that even the farmers of the day could understand it. It is in English and simple. It doesn't need or permit interpretation.
                          It is amazingly simple. It reads, "among the several states." It doesn't say, "prohibits states from taxing each other." That has more to do with the General Usage Clause of Article I. It doesn't say, "can't regulate the internet."

Comment

Today

- AT&T Inc on Wednesday raised pressure on the U.S. telecom regulator's work on new "net neutrality" rules, saying it would stop investing in new high-speed Internet connections in 100 U.S. cities until the Web traffic rules are settled.

We can't go out and invest that kind of money deploying fiber to 100 cities not knowing under what rules those investments will be governed," Stephenson [at&t ceo] said at an analyst conference.

Comment

It is amazingly simple. It reads, "among the several states." It doesn't say, "prohibits states from taxing each other." That has more to do with the General Usage Clause of Article I. It doesn't say, "can't regulate the internet."
                              Is this regulating trade among the several states? If it's not, it falls under the 10th amendment. The federal government has no authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Today
                                Now is when Magnus should post the speed chart

Also sounds like a monopoly needs to broken up again

Comment

Working...
                                X