Transportation Constitutional Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation Constitutional Amendment

Just looking for thoughts for/against this. Seems like a good idea from what I am understanding. Essentially they will be diverting some taxes collected from the Oil Industry towards Texas transportation. This will not raise taxes on the common people, and will not go towards toll roads. Discuss...

and hope everyone is going to vote today!

As a professional driver, I'm for it.

Comment

I voted for it as it is the State's responsibility to fund it's own roads. Our rainy day fund is maxed out and the D's won't let the Governor return that surplus to the taxpayers so use it on roads
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        I voted for it as it is the State's responsibility to fund it's own roads. Our rainy day fund is maxed out and the D's won't let the Governor return that surplus to the taxpayers so use it on roads
        Yup, and some of our roads could really use some attention.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          Yup, and some of our roads could really use some attention.
          In 10 years most of the major roads and bridges will hit the 50 year mark or have passed it. If Texas doesnt keep on top of the replacements and repairs there could be some major tie ups when the state has to start doing emergency construction. The replace and repair program also needs to be done by the state so its free of any toll situation

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
            In 10 years most of the major roads and bridges will hit the 50 year mark or have passed it. If Texas doesnt keep on top of the replacements and repairs there could be some major tie ups when the state has to start doing emergency construction. The replace and repair program also needs to be done by the state so its free of any toll situation
            We're in agreement.

Comment

I voted against it. They already mismanage every penny we give to them, I'm certainly not going to support this stuff when half the roads in DFW are already toll roads even after they've been paid for ten times over.

Comment

Voted for it, or some politicians will try to use the excess rainy day fund on nonsense.
                class joke
                {
                private:
                char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                double Peas, Carrots;
                string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                };

Comment

I think it's entirely too easy to ammend the Texas constitution.

Comment

I voted for it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      I completely agree.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

the texas hwy department couldn't run to an outhouse . what they dont fuck up they throw away. i'll vote against any increase in money they waste.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          It's actually pretty fucking difficult.

Comment

How about more drinking water fund?

And with the price per barrel trend...they may need to look at cutting taxes to the industry just to keep drills turning.

Comment

I voted against it. I am against any increase in spending no matter the cause. I'm just not buying it any more. Five years from now the roads won't be any better than they are today.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X