Texas D's are freaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas D's are freaking

Dems Fear Anti-Obamacare, Pro-Impeachment Candidate Could Win Nod For Senate Seat
    Amtsvcomellivaioexym
    Daniel Strauss – March 3, 2014, 3:58 PM EST26637

National Democrats are worried that a candidate who has called for Obama's impeachment and to repeal Obamacare will win the party's nomination to face Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) in the general election for Texas Senate.

The Hill reported Monday that Democrats are "scrambling" to prevent Kesha Rogers, a supporter of Lyndon LaRouche, from getting the nomination. The fear has some grounding.

A University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll last month found that Rogers has 35 percent support in the Democratic primary while dentist David Alameel gets 27 percent and attorney Maxey Scherr gets 15 percent. If no candidate can get more than 50 percent support there's a runoff between the top two candidates in May.

Rogers has also previously drawn Hitler mustaches on posters of Obama, according to The Hill.

Alameel, The Hill notes, has the lead in fundraising having collected $3.5 million toward his candidacy followed by Scherr with $300,000 and Rogers with a tiny $27,000.

"The party is working very hard to make sure she's not the nominee," former Rep. Martin Frost (D-TX) said in an interview with MSNBC on Monday. Frost is a former chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Texas Democrats have also been pushing anti-Rogers material. A spokesman for the Texas Democratic Party suggested to The Hill that this was just a precaution.

"With the possibility of a low information election, you always want to make sure folks have some information to make their decision," Texas Democratic Party spokesman Manny Garcia said.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

When I went and voted earlier the table for Democrat voters to check in looked like it had a layer of dust on it.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

She has my vote against Cornyn if Cornyn gets the R nomination. She renders all the D arguments moot. She's black, a chick and a D who wants Obama impeached, Obamacare repealed and (just wait, it's not happened in a long time) she'd probably vote with R's

Comment

I just came from an Ellis Co polling place. While I was there, about 20 people came in to vote Rep and zero came to vote Dem.
        Last edited by line-em-up; 03-05-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

This line had no one in it

Comment

Is that some kind of fucking joke? Democrates? Fucking seriously?!

Fuck this, I'm out!

Comment

Tuesday was not a good night for Wendy Davis and Texas Democrats: http://www.willisms.com/archives/201...davis_pri.html

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

As far as giving Wendy Davis odds of actually winning... I`d say those chances are slim.

Every now and then, I`ll run into another "Democrat" that refuses to believe it.

Abbott should win this somewhere between 10% -15%

However, the Republicans can actually win *THIS* election, and still lose since the Democrats are looking more at it from the stand point of : If we invest the resources in this state now, and only lose in the 5%-8% margin, then it would be safe to invest more in 2016 & 2018.

Early projections for 2016 is *IF* Davis does make this respectible... ( notice Im not saying competitive ) is that for every $1 we spend on the Democratic Nominee here in 2016... The GOP will have to spend $3 for theirs to ensure the final margins dont look promising for the DNC in `18 & `20.

Think about that though.... $3 to match that $1 so you dont look bad... and that`s money that cant be spent in other states such as Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania -- which must be won by the GOP to win back the White House.

Comment

makes sense. Last time I checked Davis was trailing by 11, and then the primary turnout was very low and she only have 2/3rd of the vote, so I'm sure it's been adjusted ever wider now.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                    X