Starting to like this guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to like this guy...

Though I know he has been at it awhile now, I am just really enjoying Paul and Cruz tackle some of these issues. I am just thinking, might get flamed for it, but what about a Paul/Cruz ticket or Cruz/Paul ticket?

Sen. Rand Paul on Wednesday announced what he described as one of the largest class-action lawsuits in history, taking President Obama and top intelligence officials to court over National Security Agency surveillance.

"This, we believe, will be a historic lawsuit," the Kentucky Republican said. The suit, joined by conservative advocacy group FreedomWorks, was filed in U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia.

It alleges that the NSA program that sweeps up and stores massive amounts of telephone "metadata" -- which includes where and when calls are made, but not the contents of the calls -- violates the Fourth Amendment. The suit asks the court to rule the program unconstitutional and forbid the government from continuing it.

"There's a huge and growing swell of protest in this country of people who are outraged that their records would be taken without suspicion, without a judge's warrant and without individualization," Paul said, at a press conference in Washington.

He said hundreds of thousands of people have joined, and predicted the suit could "conceivably represent hundreds of millions of people who have phone lines in this country."

The administration has insisted that Americans' privacy is protected under NSA programs, and Obama recently announced a set of proposed reforms to rein in NSA surveillance.

"We remain confident that the program is legal, as at least 15 judges have previously found," a Justice Department spokesperson said Wednesday, referring to prior court decisions in separate cases.

But the lawsuit argues that the bulk metadata that is routinely collected nevertheless "reveals a wealth of detail" about Americans' personal and professional associations "that are ordinarily unknown to the government."

The suit named Obama, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA Director Keith Alexander, and FBI Director James Comey.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

I would looooove a Paul/Cruz ticket. In fact, I would work for their campaign.

Paul as the face to pull both conservatives and rinos under one man, and Cruz as the attack dog.
    Like Joe Biden; only smart, articulate, and a good debater.
    Last edited by sc281; 02-12-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Isn't Cruz a Canadian?
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        Isn't Cruz a Canadian?
        No. That was settled a year or two ago.

Comment

It will never happen. The Republican establishment won't have it. Get ready for a lackluster, boring, ineffective ticket guaranteed to lose. Probably Romney / Boner.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
            Isn't Cruz a Canadian?
            Dual citizenship, recently renounced his Canadian citizenship though I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              It will never happen. The Republican establishment won't have it. Get ready for a lackluster, boring, ineffective ticket guaranteed to lose. Probably Romney / Boner.
              Please god no.

Comment

There will be no hope....the beginning or Armageddon

But if the GOP wants to fuckin win....they had better start considering some strong players beginning with these two.
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If this happens prepare for a Billary/Pelosi ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    If this happens prepare for a Billary/Pelosi ticket.
                    Not a chance, the only place Pelosi can win is in her district. VP candidates are supposed to strengthen the ticket. Right now Wendy Davis would be the best choice for Billary if they want an all female ticket, which will still lose miserably to anyone not named Bush.

Paul is obviously running for POTUS, Cruz needs to stay where he is. If he can get the backing of some more popular governors he can win the GOP nod. I'd rather see him with Jindal or Christie as a running mate than Cruz. Assuming he can't get one of the recently fired generals interested in running for office. Petraeus would make an excellent candidate if he'd start talking to the media, which isn't going to happen. He'd make Ollie North look like Mr. Rogers with his stories.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                      No. That was settled a year or two ago.
                      Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Dual citizenship, recently renounced his Canadian citizenship though I think.
                      So the answer is yes/no?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...run-president/

Maybe?
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Even if he hasn't renounced his Canadian citizenship yet, he is a U.S. citizen.

Comment

Trey Dowdy is another good one that is ruffling feathers. GOP better wake up and get past the old geaser crowd if they ever want to grow again. Fiscally and Constitutional Conservatives....ie, LIBERTARIANS will not jump up and support the old GOP establishment anymore and will waste votes on 3rd party candidates again. IF they want to get those votes, they have to change or will die off....and yes, that IF was capitalized for a reason.

Comment

Yep. Sick and fucking tired of the stupid ass Republicans/GOP in this country.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Not a chance, the only place Pelosi can win is in her district. VP candidates are supposed to strengthen the ticket. Right now Wendy Davis would be the best choice for Billary if they want an all female ticket, which will still lose miserably to anyone not named Bush.

Paul is obviously running for POTUS, Cruz needs to stay where he is. If he can get the backing of some more popular governors he can win the GOP nod. I'd rather see him with Jindal or Christie as a running mate than Cruz. Assuming he can't get one of the recently fired generals interested in running for office. Petraeus would make an excellent candidate if he'd start talking to the media, which isn't going to happen. He'd make Ollie North look like Mr. Rogers with his stories.
                              Yack. I don't think I'd touch Christie with a 10 foot pole at this point, with what his administration has been pulling lately. He's an easy target for people to point out the problems of petty partisan conflicts.

I haven't really kept up with Jindal much.
                              Last edited by racrguy; 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM. Reason: For clarity

Comment

Working...
                              X