Educate me on ACA- questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educate me on ACA- questions

While the HNIC (N is for narcissist) didn't exactly see things unfolding the way they are (his magnificent void of OTJ experience, discovering layer after layer of ineptitude is another matter all together), and while I have a firm belief that he wants to wipe his ass with our constitution, I think there were even more sinister forces at work- ie, follow the money.

Who crafted the legislation?

Who stands to benefit the most?

Who was strangely quiet about the net effect this would have on X industries?

Discuss...

(opens left hand desk drawer to make sure tin foil hat is where I left it)
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Healthcare Execs all day long;the medical industry...they all wanted this as it meant more money for them from insurance companies, insurance companies from us and...oh wait, we don’t get money from anyone...lol

I also find it funny, that while no single force was behind this, you know that the INS companies involved all stand to make a decent profit. I bet they were pissed when he came out talking out of his ass about how they will still have their same plan that was cancelled...when he can’t do shit to the INS companies.

THEN, they go and save face with their constituents by crafting a bill that will basically force the INS companies to re-evaluate those cancelled plans.

Which would have pissed off the INS companies even more, except they are now able to "re-sell" the same plan back to the individual that they just cancelled it from.

You gotta love these car dealership antics...lols
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Yep. With all things political - follow the money. Who stands to gain from all this? It sure as hell isn't the American taxpayer.

Comment

The really cute thing about him saying people can have their old plans back is that it basically won't happen, and the ACA-system plans will still go up in price as though they did. It's like a crazy avalanche of price increases. No matter what the government does, they add a layer of bureaucracy, and a layer of corruption. The fact that this is President Obama's signature legislation only goes to show how mired in incompetence, corruption, and mediocrity his administration is.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Make sure to check out the latest headlines on Drudge today about another 50-100 million cancellations coming next year.

But to answers your question, the insurance companies do stand to gain somewhat from this, yes. You only need look at those people who have had their policies cancelled, do you see the insurance companies rushing out with some other alternate plan or other coverage for them? No. Those people were undoubtedly using the policy, yes, but if the company can cut them out and not suffer the monetary loss, hell yes they'll do it.
          However insurance companies also still dont see the bigger picture which is that this whole plan was intended to fail in order to usher in single-payer healthcare, meaning full .gov healthcare which will eventually put the insurance companies out of business.

Comment

I don't know that insurance companies will really benefit from this. They've been doing pretty well for a long time by adjusting premiums to cover their risk and give them profits. Now they're going to be covering more people but the profitability is going to depend on how much extra risk they're taking on. If they get a bunch of healthy kids that never had insurance because they didn't need it, it's profit; if they get a bunch of sick old people that never had it because they couldn't afford it, it's going to hurt them.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Dont forget the insurance companies will be subsidized by the government. They will by no means suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                I don't know that insurance companies will really benefit from this. They've been doing pretty well for a long time by adjusting premiums to cover their risk and give them profits. Now they're going to be covering more people but the profitability is going to depend on how much extra risk they're taking on. If they get a bunch of healthy kids that never had insurance because they didn't need it, it's profit; if they get a bunch of sick old people that never had it because they couldn't afford it, it's going to hurt them.
                Considering that the young and healthy are the financial engine behind this train that is about to wreck. The old and sick are not increasing in numbers...the young and healthy are...

BTW guys, tell your ladies to not worry if you dont pull out...Birth Control is FREE on OBAMACARE!>!?!?!?!

Wait, It was free BEFORE OBAMACARE....

A majority of women are unaware that birth control is available for free from health insurance plans under Obamacare—even as the Supreme Court is likely to soon consider legal fights over that law. And while lack of awareness about the so-called "contraception mandate" might reflect overall, widespread confusion about Obamacare's details, an expert who has been following the issue said it

I swear someone just needs to do the dirty work for the masses and we can all just move on to the next idiot and there should be (lawyers will Fuck it up) some sort of differentiation between Freedom of Speech and "Responsible Freedom of Speech". These media outlets get the best of my sometimes
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I'd heard the insurance companies were largely responsible for writing the legislation & that's why nobody knew what was in it, however true or untrue that is. What I can't conceive is that the INS industry, being very capable of making money, would want to get in bed with the government, which has no accountability and sometimes even less control over how poorly they will perform, pooching delivery, management and maintenance.

Someone else said it best, a layer of beurocracy, and a layer of corruption, one after the other.
                  Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                    Considering that the young and healthy are the financial engine behind this train that is about to wreck. The old and sick are not increasing in numbers...the young and healthy are...
                    That's true, but there will be a big spike in enrollment of old and sick.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                      C

I swear someone just needs to do the dirty work for the masses and we can all just move on to the next idiot and there should be (lawyers will Fuck it up) some sort of differentiation between Freedom of Speech and "Responsible Freedom of Speech". These media outlets get the best of my sometimes
                      Always thought if theyre wrong they should be forced to make just as big of a deal about it. Same amount of time spent on it, same time slot with apologies.
                      WH

Comment

Enter Your Muslims and Illegals will pay no penalty or taxes under Obama Care
                        I hear the left has massive amounts of people from groups like Acorn and others out trolling and anything no matter how true that is against Obama the call it a lie to try to discredited it during this crucial time.
                        He is what is really Obama care-They did not tell you about these which will ALL be in effect by 2016..
                        Pg 22 – Mandates the govt will audit books of all employers who self-insure.
                        Pg 29, Lines 4-16 – Healthcare rationing. You can only receive so much care per year. $5,000 per single, 10,000 per family for preexisting conditions. Yes it does cover preexisting conditions but only for this much.
                        Pg 107 – Dhimmitude this is the descriptive name for Muslims (look it up), Amish are exempt and do not have to pay penalties { It is against their religions so they are exempt} They use the word Dhimmitude to slip it through and by people.
                        Pg 50, Section 152 – Healthcare will be provided to all non-U.S. citizens, illegal or otherwise
                        Pg 170, line 1-3 – Any nonresident alien is exempt from individual taxes (you and I will pay for them)
                        Pg 91, Line 4-7 – Govt mandates linguistic appropriate services, or translation for illegal aliens [ If you are not going to sign them up then why have translators?}
                        Pg 65, Section 164 – subsidized plan for retirees and their families in unions and community organizations.
                        Pg 58 – Govt will have real time access to individual’s finances and a national ID Health card will be issued.
                        Pg 59, line 21-24 – Govt will have direct access to your bank accounts for elective funds transfer (They will take what they think you owe them at any time)
                        Pg 84, Section 203 – govt mandates all benefit packages for private healthcare plans in the exchange
                        Pg 124, line 24-25 – No company can sue the govt on “price fixing” & no “judicial review” against govt monopoly
                        Pg 195 – Officers and employees of healthcare admin (Government) will have access to all Americans financial and personal records
                        Pg 203, line 14-15 – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as a tax”
                        Pg 239, line 14-24 – Govt will reduce physician services for medicade. Seniors, poor and low income will be affected
                        Pg 354, Section 1177 – Govt will restrict enrollment of special needs individuals.
                        Pg 280, Section 1151 – Govt will penalize hospitals for what the govt dems ‘preventable re-admission’. If you have to go back in for the same condition they will decide not you and your doctor.
                        Pg 425, Line 4-12 – Govt mandates “Advanced care planning consultation”. Seniors will be interviewed every year for health issues and decisions made as to what care they can and cannot receive.
                        Pg 469 – There will be Community based Home Medical services, such as ACORN
                        Pg 472, Line 14-17 – Payment to community based organization. One monthly payment to a community based organization (ACORN) They will report back to the government on your compliance like Communism.
                        Pg 425, Line 17-19 – Govt will instruct and consult regarding living will and durable powers of attorney. MANDATORY- {The government and not your family will determine your right to live}
                        Pg 425, Line 22-25 & Page 426, Line 1-3 – Govt provides approved list of end of life resources – guiding you in death
                        Pg 317-318, Line 21-25, 1-3 – Prohibition on Expansion: The govt mandates if hospitals can or cannot expand
                        Pg 321, Line 2-13 – Hospitals have the opportunity to apply for exception but community input is required. (groups like ACORN)

Pg 30, Section 123 – There will be a govt committee that decides what treatments and benefits you receive. Pg 149, line 16,24 – Any employer with a payroll of $400,000 and above who does not provide govt option, will pay an 8% tax on all payroll
                        Pg 150, line 9-13 – Any employer with a payroll between $251,000 and $400,000 who does not provide govt option, will pay a 2-6% tax on all payroll
                        Pg 167 – Any individual who does not have acceptable healthcare according to the govt will be taxed 2.5%
                        Pg 241, line 6-8 – All doctors no matter what specialty, will be paid the same
                        Pg 253, line 10-18 – Govt sets value of doctor’s time, professional judgments, Literally, the value of human life
                        Pg 428, Line 1-9 – And “Advanced care planning consultation” will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.
                        Pg 429, Line 10-12 – “Advanced care consultation” may include an order for end of life plans. AN ORDER FROM THE GOVERNMENT.
                        Pg 429, Line 13-25 – The govt will specify which doctors can write an end of life order
                        Pg 430, Line 11-15 – The govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life
                        Pg 489, Section 1308 – The govt will cover marriage and family therapy. (Which means they will insert govt into your marriage)
                        Pg 494-498 – The govt will cover mental health services including defining, creating and rationing those services.
                        Pg 42 – The health choices commissioner will choose your healthcare benefits for you. You have no choice.
                        Pg 72, Lines 8-14 – The govt is creating a healthcare exchange to bring private healthcare plans under govt control.
                        Pg 85, Line 7 – AARP members will have their healthcare rationed
                        Pg 95, line 8-18 – Govt will use groups like ACORN, Americorp to signup individually for govt healthcare plan
                        Pg 102, line 12-18 – Medicade eligible individuals will be automatically enrolled in medicade – NO choice
                        Pg 126, line 22-25 – Employers must pay for part time employees and their families
                        Pg 127, line 1-16 – Doctors and the American Medical Assoc – The govt will tell you how much money you can make
                        Pg 145, line 15-17 – All employers must auto enroll employees into govt plan – you have no choice
                        Pg 149, line 16,24 – Any employer with a payroll of $400,000 and above who does not provide govt option, will pay an 8% tax on all payroll
                        Pg 150, line 9-13 – Any employer with a payroll between $251,000 and $400,000 who does not provide govt option, will pay a 2-6% tax on all payroll
                        Pg 167 – Any individual who does not have acceptable healthcare according to the govt will be taxed 2.5%
                        Pg 253, line 10-18 – Govt sets value of doctor’s time, professional judgments, Literally, the value of human life
                        Pg 265, Section 1131 – Govt mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries
                        Pg 268, Section 1141 – Federal govt regulates rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs
                        Pg 272, Section 1145 – Regarding treatment of certain cancer hospitals, Cancer patients will be rationed
                        Pg 317, Line 13-20 – Prohibition on Ownership/Investment: The govt tells doctors what and how much they can own
                        Pg 335, Line 16-25 & Page 336-339 – Govt mandates establishment of outcome based measures: Healthcare the way THEY want it. RATIONING
                        Pg 341, Line 3-9 – Govt has authority to DISQUALIFY medical plans, HMO’s, etc , forcing ALL into govt healthcare plan
                        Pg 379, Section 1191 – Govt creates more bureaucracy. The Telehealth advisory committee
                        Pg 427, Line 15-24 – Govt mandates program for orders for end of life. The govt has a say in how your life ends
                        Pg 428, Line 1-9 – And “Advanced care planning consultation” will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.
                        Pg 429, Line 10-12 – “Advanced care consultation” may include an order for end of life plans. AN ORDER FROM THE GOVERNMENT.
                        Pg 429, Line 13-25 – The govt will specify which doctors can write an end of life order
                        Pg 430, Line 11-15 – The govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life
                        Pg 489, Section 1308 – The govt will cover marriage and family therapy. (Which means they will insert govt into your marriage)
                        Pg 494-498 – The govt will cover mental health services including defining, creating and rationing those services.

Comment

Scares the shit outta me, and I'm fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                            I'd heard the insurance companies were largely responsible for writing the legislation & that's why nobody knew what was in it, however true or untrue that is. What I can't conceive is that the INS industry, being very capable of making money, would want to get in bed with the government, which has no accountability and sometimes even less control over how poorly they will perform, pooching delivery, management and maintenance.

Someone else said it best, a layer of beurocracy, and a layer of corruption, one after the other.
                            It is a "can't lose" situation for the insurance companies. If they make money - great. If they lose money - the govt. (taxpayers) cover the losses.

But I agree with you. Insurance companies are not looking past their next profit quarter. Sooner or later they are bound to lose.

Comment

Pg 22 – Mandates the govt will audit books of all employers who self-insure.
                              Pg 29, Lines 4-16 – Healthcare rationing. You can only receive so much care per year. $5,000 per single, 10,000 per family for preexisting conditions. Yes it does cover preexisting conditions but only for this much.
                              Pg 30, Section 123 – There will be a govt committee that decides what treatments and benefits you receive.
                              Pg 42 – The health choices commissioner will choose your healthcare benefits for you. You have no choice.
                              Pg 50, Section 152 – Healthcare will be provided to all non-U.S. citizens, illegal or otherwise
                              Pg 58 – Govt will have real time access to individual’s finances and a national ID Health card will be issued.
                              Pg 59, line 21-24 – Govt will have direct access to your bank accounts for elective funds transfer (They will take what they think you owe them at any time)
                              Pg 65, Section 164 – subsidized plan for retirees and their families in unions and community organizations.
                              Pg 72, Lines 8-14 – The govt is creating a healthcare exchange to bring private healthcare plans under govt control.
                              Pg 84, Section 203 – govt mandates all benefit packages for private healthcare plans in the exchange
                              Pg 85, Line 7 – AARP members will have their healthcare rationed
                              Pg 91, Line 4-7 – Govt mandates linguistic appropriate services, or translation for illegal aliens [ If you are not going to sign them up then why have translators?}
                              Pg 95, line 8-18 – Govt will use groups like ACORN, Americorp to signup individually for govt healthcare plan
                              Pg 102, line 12-18 – Medicade eligible individuals will be automatically enrolled in medicade – NO choice
                              Pg 107 – Dhimmitude this is the descriptive name for Muslims (look it up), Amish are exempt and do not have to pay penalties { It is against their religions so they are exempt} They use the word Dhimmitude to slip it through and by people.
                              Pg 124, line 24-25 – No company can sue the govt on “price fixing” & no “judicial review” against govt monopoly
                              Pg 126, line 22-25 – Employers must pay for part time employees and their families
                              Pg 127, line 1-16 – Doctors and the American Medical Assoc – The govt will tell you how much money you can make
                              Pg 145, line 15-17 – All employers must auto enroll employees into govt plan – you have no choice
                              Pg 149, line 16,24 – Any employer with a payroll of $400,000 and above who does not provide govt option, will pay an 8% tax on all payroll
                              Pg 170, line 1-3 – Any nonresident alien is exempt from individual taxes (you and I will pay for them)
                              Pg 195 – Officers and employees of healthcare admin (Government) will have access to all Americans financial and personal records
                              Pg 203, line 14-15 – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as a tax”
                              Pg 239, line 14-24 – Govt will reduce physician services for medicade. Seniors, poor and low income will be affected
                              Pg 280, Section 1151 – Govt will penalize hospitals for what the govt dems ‘preventable re-admission’. If you have to go back in for the same condition they will decide not you and your doctor.
                              Pg 317-318, Line 21-25, 1-3 – Prohibition on Expansion: The govt mandates if hospitals can or cannot expand
                              Pg 321, Line 2-13 – Hospitals have the opportunity to apply for exception but community input is required. (groups like ACORN)
                              Pg 354, Section 1177 – Govt will restrict enrollment of special needs individuals.
                              Pg 425, Line 4-12 – Govt mandates “Advanced care planning consultation”. Seniors will be interviewed every year for health issues and decisions made as to what care they can and cannot receive.
                              Pg 425, Line 17-19 – Govt will instruct and consult regarding living will and durable powers of attorney. MANDATORY- {The government and not your family will determine your right to live}
                              Pg 425, Line 22-25 & Page 426, Line 1-3 – Govt provides approved list of end of life resources – guiding you in death
                              Pg 430, Line 11-15 – The govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of lifePg 469 – There will be Community based Home Medical services, such as ACORN
                              Pg 265, Section 1131 – Govt mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries
                              Pg 268, Section 1141 – Federal govt regulates rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs
                              Pg 272, Section 1145 – Regarding treatment of certain cancer hospitals, Cancer patients will be rationed
                              Pg 317, Line 13-20 – Prohibition on Ownership/Investment: The govt tells doctors what and how much they can own
                              Pg 335, Line 16-25 & Page 336-339 – Govt mandates establishment of outcome based measures: Healthcare the way THEY want it. RATIONING
                              Pg 341, Line 3-9 – Govt has authority to DISQUALIFY medical plans, HMO’s, etc , forcing ALL into govt healthcare plan
                              Pg 379, Section 1191 – Govt creates more bureaucracy. The Telehealth advisory committee
                              Pg 427, Line 15-24 – Govt mandates program for orders for end of life. The govt has a say in how your life ends
                              Pg 472, Line 14-17 – Payment to community based organization. One monthly payment to a community based organization (ACORN) They will report back to the government on your compliance like Communism.
                              Don't worry about what you can't change.
                              Do the best you can with what you have.
                              Be honest, even if it hurts.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery" ... Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X