Scary Obituary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Obituary

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at theUniversity of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of theAthenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is alwaystemporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanentform of government. A democracy will continue to exist up untilthe time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majorityalways votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits fromthe public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by adictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
    From spiritual faith to great courage;
    From courage to liberty;
    From liberty to abundance;
    From abundance to complacency;
    From complacency to apathy;
    From apathy to dependence;
    From dependence back into bondage."
    The Obituary follows:

Born 1776, Died 2012
    It doesn't hurt to read this several times.
    Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
    Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million McCain: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territoryMcCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizensof the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in lowincome tenements and living off various forms of governmentwelfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the
    "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition ofdemocracy, with some forty percent of the nation's populationalready having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's - and they vote - then we can saygoodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

Alexander Tytler definitely never made that prediction. He never authored a work on the fall of Athens, and he was dead for seven decades by 1887. Don't buy gas on Wednesday.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Please make a wish and forward to 19 friends or your wish won't come true and you'll get aids.

Comment

I hope people make shit up about me when I'm dead.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          I hope people make shit up about me when I'm dead.
          Good chance of it. They make shit up about you now.

Comment

Seems that not only the democrats prey on the weak of mind/search skills.

I believe this quote was actually written by Gerald Ford's step nephew's 3rd cousin, twice removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

I believe this quote was actually written by Gerald Ford's step nephew's 3rd cousin, twice removed.
              Damnitsteve?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                Damnitsteve?
                There was no mention of abortion through plastic coat hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  This is news to you?
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    This is news to you?
                    Not at all. Just obviously stating the obvious to the oblivious.

Comment

I have seen this attributed to several people over the years.

Still like it though.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I've seen Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Law professor's analysis demonstrates that the results of the last presidential election correspond to a prediction about the downfall of democracy.

Comment

Snopes is a puppet of Obama, not a good source! I read that on The Blaze.

Comment

Scary.

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              I've seen Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.
                              Hamilton too and it isn't even "Tyler", it's "Tytler".
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X