White guy wins election by pretending to be black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White guy wins election by pretending to be black

A white Texas man won a political campaign Tuesday in a heavily black area using an unconventional tactic — he pretended to be black.

Dave Wilson was tired of “all the shenanigans” plaguing the Houston Community College System and decided to run for office, according to KHOU-TV.

Conservative White Man Wins Election in Heavily Black Neighborhood By Pretending to be Black
    Dave Wilson. (Image source: KHOU-TV)
    However, Wilson reportedly thought the odds of a white conservative Republican winning in an overwhelmingly black Democratic district were low, so he turned to a tactic his opponent said was “disgusting.”

“I’d always said it was a long shot,” Wilson said. “No, I didn’t expect to win.”

According to KHOU-TV, Wilson’s campaign “printed direct mail pieces strongly implying that he’s black.” The materials reportedly featured his campaign slogan emblazoned next to the faces of smiling black individuals.

Listen to one of Wilson’s radio ads:

One of his mailers even said, “Endorsed by Ron Wilson,” implying he had attained support from a famous former black state representative. In fact, in fine print below the endorsement, the campaign clarified that “Ron Wilson and Dave Wilson are cousins.”

“He’s a nice cousin,” Wilson told KHOU-TV. “We played baseball in high school together. And he’s endorsed me.”

n. "I’d always said it was a long shot," Wilson says. "No, I didn’t expect to win." view full article
    The tactics apparently worked, guiding Wilson to victory by a thin margin of 26 votes. Now, his former opponent is speaking out.

“I don’t think it’s good,” Bruce Austin said. “I don’t think it’s good for both democracy and the whole concept of fair play. But that was not his intent, apparently.”
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

lol @ fair play in politics.

Comment

Black people vote based on race?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Black people vote based on race?
        That's the clearly unsubstantiated rumor.

Comment

That is fucking genius!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            That is fucking genius!
            Fucking A right it is.

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

I want to be that mother fucker when I grow up!

Comment

His smugness is delicious
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    That is fucking genius!

Come on, it's not really new. Eddie Murphy got elected to Congress on name recognition!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Come on, it's not really new. Eddie Murphy got elected to Congress on name recognition!
                      My cities are getting confused these days, but some guy in SF (? maybe) legally changed his name to something like Jose Rodriguez to win a city election.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

White is the new black.

Comment

Maybe they finally recognized greatness

Comment

Is he going to go black face?

Comment

HAha, awesome political move

Comment

Working...
                              X