Tennessee Senator gave Kathleen Sebelius ‘Web Sites for Dummies’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Senator gave Kathleen Sebelius ‘Web Sites for Dummies’

Tennessee State Senator Brian Kelsey, R-Germantown, gave U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius an early Christmas gift on Friday: a copy of “Web Sites for Dummies.”

Sebelius made an appearance at the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library in Memphis, and Kelsey decided to meet her there and show his displeasure for Obamacare and Medicaid expansion. Most of all, he showed his disdain for the problematic Healthcare.gov website.

“I only had two seconds to convey that message to her, so I thought the book would be a creative way to ensure she remembered the message,” Kelsey told the Memphis Daily News.

Kelsey added that Sebelius did not respond when he gave her the book, passing it off to an aide. Kelsey said he didn’t want Sebelius “designing an expansion program for us.”

Sebelius has been under fire for the website’s failure. She testified last week during a congressional hearing that she hopes to regain the trust of disappointed Americans.

She took full responsibility for the website’s failures, saying, “Hold me accountable for the debacle. I’m responsible.”

Last edited by line-em-up; 11-05-2013, 07:10 AM.

LOL.... I thought that was a photoshop. Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      So did I. I laughed when I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        Same here, LOL, that shit is hilarious.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yet the Tennessee Senator has no plan to fix the healthcare mess in this country. He can only criticize those who are trying to make it better. If the GOP wants power in Washington (Executive branch) they need to formulate a plan that is both fair and equitable to all citizens. Granted the Affordable Health Care Act is far-far from workable at the moment, at least it is a step in the right direction.
          A lot of the criticism of the Act spawns from the dislike of the sitting President. It doesn't matter what plan is offered up by the Democratic party, it will be deconstructed by the opposing party. Kinda sad really. While I do vote Republican the vast majority of the time, I am curious if there is any redeeming qualities of the Act. If there is, lets embrace the good, throw out the bad. Both parties are just "win at any cost" and dam the citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            Yet the Tennessee Senator has no plan to fix the healthcare mess in this country. He can only criticize those who are trying to make it better. If the GOP wants power in Washington (Executive branch) they need to formulate a plan that is both fair and equitable to all citizens. Granted the Affordable Health Care Act is far-far from workable at the moment, at least it is a step in the right direction.
            A lot of the criticism of the Act spawns from the dislike of the sitting President. It doesn't matter what plan is offered up by the Democratic party, it will be deconstructed by the opposing party. Kinda sad really. While I do vote Republican the vast majority of the time, I am curious if there is any redeeming qualities of the Act. If there is, lets embrace the good, throw out the bad. Both parties are just "win at any cost" and dam the citizens.

Republicans don't like the plan because of the sitting President? Really? Fucking really? Government DOES NOT need to be involved in healthcare. Period. End of story. That's why no Republicans are offering up solutions. The Dems created this mess, and they can ride it out to the death.

Stop trying to parade around as a Republican. Your thoughts and views are the direct opposite of the Republican party.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I just thought I would interject that the house has in fact proposed a comprehensive solution to the healthcare problem.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That is good news, I hope it is better than the dribble that the Democrats have in play now. It seems that is very unpopular across all demographics.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Republicans don't like the plan because of the sitting President? Really? Fucking really? Government DOES NOT need to be involved in healthcare. Period. End of story. That's why no Republicans are offering up solutions. The Dems created this mess, and they can ride it out to the death.

Stop trying to parade around as a Republican. Your thoughts and views are the direct opposite of the Republican party.
                  I will parade around as I see fit. That sir is my right as a citizen. I do oppose a lot of Republican views and vote accordingly. As do I embrace many aspects as well and vote that way as well. It must be nice to see the world in black and white in a non sequitur way.

I did not specifically target Republicans as not liking the Act because of the President. I said dislike of the President from all walks of life, this includes me.

Comment

I will parade around as I see fit. That sir is my right as a citizen. I do oppose a lot of Republican views and vote accordingly. As do I embrace many aspects as well and vote that way as well. It must be nice to see the world in black and white in a non sequitur way.
                    Sure, you have the right, but you're making yourself look like a fucking idiot in the process. Which, I suppose, is your right too. So good luck with that, dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Sure, you have the right, but you're making yourself look like a fucking idiot in the process. Which, I suppose, is your right too. So good luck with that, dumbass.

Name calling is the last line of a defense of the feeble and largely uneducated.

Comment

Why fix it? It's unconstitutional.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Name calling is the last line of a defense of the feeble and largely uneducated.
                          Forgive me for not giving two shits about your completely worthless opinion.

Comment

Name calling is the last line of a defense but the only way to get thru to the feeble and largely uneducated.
                            Fixed

Comment

Good for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X