No announcement yet.

Amazon sues Texas for sales tax audit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the cost for us to operate was increasing constantly. Someone had to pay the budget for the 'Texas is business friendly' campaign. We debated moving to OK and even NV (when thriving).

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I keep hearing about this and it makes me laugh. Hey, you owe us $269 MILLION dollars, but we aren't going to show you anything stating why. When did the AGs office become a scavenger debt collector? People wonder why this country is in the shitter. Incompetent morons.
      Exactly. Complete bullshit that they have to sue to even find out how/why they owe money.

They are either hiding something, or more than likely, they are just being dicks about it , so now there will be a couple hundred grand wasted on this lawsuit just to find out why they are claiming they owe money.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I'd also make the state of texas pay for damages on the grounds that the whole thing was complete bullshit. They need a little incentive not to be imbeciles.

Comment

A little birdy told me today that Amazon will be leasing a one million sf distribution building in Ardmore Oklahoma. Good job Austin!
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

That's real smart Texas. Drive a huge company out of the state because you can't manage your own finances. Politicians...local, state, federal...are they any different?
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              That's real smart Texas. Drive a huge company out of the state because you can't manage your own finances. Politicians...local, state, federal...are they any different?
              No, they aren't. They are all greedy and the appearance of party difference seems to be only that, appearance. Jerkoffs.

Comment

Back in the day when the sales tax was 6.25%, I was audited for unpaid state taxes. New business, first time with being a tax collector for the government, it turned out I did owe taxes. Only problem, the computer system was down and so "Urethra" didn't know how to figure out how much I owed.

I explained how you take $47,000 and multiply it by .0625 to calculate the amont of tax. Eventually, she finally came up with $293.75.

I don't know who was in charge in Austin at the time and it really doesn't matter because "Urethra" probably still has her job today and still can't multiply (on a calculator).

Comment

"Urethra"?? Don't you mean cunt bag?

Comment

Question...

How many mom and pop, and large and small businesses in Texas are paying their taxes per the law??? Is it fair to them, and US, as taxpayers, to carry a larger tax burden while those that don't pay, can skate???
                    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                      Question...

How many mom and pop, and large and small businesses in Texas are paying their taxes per the law??? Is it fair to them, and US, as taxpayers, to carry a larger tax burden while those that don't pay, can skate???
                      This is a sales tax issue and needed to be handled with some diplomacy by the state since they can't prove how much sales tax revenue is owed by Amazon. The state fucked that up. It really has little to do with Business Personal Property taxes since Amazon's warehouse here locally was in a freeport zone.

Bottom line is that the state should have worked something out with Amazon instead of using some fake ass audit to come up with a Christmas list.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Where in my post did I say Business property tax?? Again, when any company/business skates out of ANY taxes it owes, others have to pick up the tab.
                        Yes, the state did fuck the pooch in not correctly approaching Amazon, but why is Amazon not releasing that info that would help determine the proper and just amount owed?
                        My taxes, like everyone else, has skyrocketed the past 10 years. My property taxes have nearly doubled, sin taxes ( Crown and Chivas) have ballooned, car tags, you name it have jumped due to a lower tax revenues coming in. City, county, state and federal govs not doing their jobs correctly.
                        Nobody wants to live within their means! I'm freaking sick and tired of carrying the fucks that weasel out of paying their fair share!
                        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Where in my post did I say Business property tax?? Again, when any company/business skates out of ANY taxes it owes, others have to pick up the tab.
                          Yes, the state did fuck the pooch in not correctly approaching Amazon, but why is Amazon not releasing that info that would help determine the proper and just amount owed?
                          My taxes, like everyone else, has skyrocketed the past 10 years. My property taxes have nearly doubled, sin taxes ( Crown and Chivas) have ballooned, car tags, you name it have jumped due to a lower tax revenues coming in. City, county, state and federal govs not doing their jobs correctly.
                          Nobody wants to live within their means! I'm freaking sick and tired of carrying the fucks that weasel out of paying their fair share!
                          Really, why is it that "someone else has to pick up the tab"? Maybe government should spend less like the rest of us have to when our income goes away.

I say if Amazon has the ability to tell Texas to go fuck themselves then they should. I hope the idiots that work in government starve to death myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmustang View Post
                            Back in the day when the sales tax was 6.25%, I was audited for unpaid state taxes. New business, first time with being a tax collector for the government, it turned out I did owe taxes. Only problem, the computer system was down and so "Urethra" didn't know how to figure out how much I owed.

I explained how you take $47,000 and multiply it by .0625 to calculate the amont of tax. Eventually, she finally came up with $293.75.

I don't know who was in charge in Austin at the time and it really doesn't matter because "Urethra" probably still has her job today and still can't multiply (on a calculator).
                            Perhaps I should have made it clear that this parasite in charge of collecting sales taxes couldn't even do it right after I showed her with a calculator. The correct amount is actually $2937.50, not $293.75. I should have left it at that but figured once their system was back up some non affirmative action hireling would figure out the error and call me back in again.

Comment

Question...

Their argument is the fact they have a warehouse here. THey have no store front, no possible way for someone to come in and buy something at their location. Also, if they are not shipping the item from the Texas warehouse to a Texas address, should they still pay tax? I wouldnt think so, but the government would say yes, due to the fact they have a warehouse here though it had nothing to do with your item.

Comment

Working...
                              X