Another side effect of Obamacare - $175 NP charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another side effect of Obamacare - $175 NP charge

Like CC companies and banks, doctors are coming up with new ways to seperate you from your money with hidden or bullshit charges.

How would you like to be charged a NEW PATIENT fee of $175 for not visiting them within the last 3 years?
    How about being charged for a secondary vist because you mentioned your knee has been hurting too when you go to see them about you arm?
    How about them charging you extra for too many questions or talking to them on the phone?

My wife just got charged $175, so looked it up.

For years, a growing number of healthcare providers have been tacking on fees that most patients didn’t notice because they were being paid by insurance companies. But as insurance companies …

There are a ton of hidden fee's that no one knows about until it's too late. The Dems (Pelosi in particular) were very smart, not to mention devious, in how they pulled this off.

Comment

I'm simply not going to pay it. You don't do work for someone and then tack on charges for a bunch of stuff that wasn't mentions beforehand. That's not the way to do business. I will call them later and if they don't pull the charge off of there, then I will tell them to go fuck themselves and it will have to go to collections.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
        I'm simply not going to pay it. You don't do work for someone and then tack on charges for a bunch of stuff that wasn't mentions beforehand. That's not the way to do business. I will call them later and if they don't pull the charge off of there, then I will tell them to go fuck themselves and it will have to go to collections.
        And then they'll deduct it and file a 1099-C. They'll get their money from the government and the IRS will get it from you. As a tax payer you are going to be completely screwed by the health care system whether you use it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          And then they'll deduct it and file a 1099-C. They'll get their money from the government and the IRS will get it from you. As a tax payer you are going to be completely screwed by the health care system whether you use it or not.
          This is what will happen when the IRS is in charge of Barry-Care. You WILL pay the IRS, or risk losing EVERYTHING, including your house. The IRS has the power to do it...hospitals/doctors do not.

Comment

Better off just going to ER and pretending like you only know spanish, provide some fake address and get free health care! Win!
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Better off just going to ER and pretending like you only know spanish, provide some fake address and get free health care! Win!
              If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                This is what will happen when the IRS is in charge of Barry-Care. You WILL pay the IRS, or risk losing EVERYTHING, including your house. The IRS has the power to do it...hospitals/doctors do not.
                I thought that in Texas and Florida (I think) your home was safe from that sort of thing. As long as it is your primary residence.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  Which is a felony.

Comment

Which is a felony.
                    Hey, seems to work for everyone else!
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
                      I thought that in Texas and Florida (I think) your home was safe from that sort of thing. As long as it is your primary residence.
                      From bankruptcy, yes, but not the IRS. It's not easy, and requires a court order, but they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        From bankruptcy, yes, but not the IRS. It's not easy, and requires a court order, but they can.
                        OK, I remembered from one of my civil law classes that due to Homestead laws it was safe during law suits as long as it was your primary residence. But yeah the IRS seems to have its own laws.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Jesus Christ...
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I know one thing. All of this shit is going to come to a head and I hope I get to see it splatter over all of these corrupt politicians and other people involved in ruining our country. I will do what I can to make sure it happens. May God have mercy on their souls because I sure as won't.

We have very few people in DC that are on our side. Take the immigration law they are trying to pass. All of the dems and many of the reps want to pass it. It gives amnesty to 30 million + illegals with zero border enforcement and we have our last hope reps supporting it. That will bankrupt us in short order and nobody gives a shit.

Comment

I know one thing. All of this shit is going to come to a head and I hope I get to see it splatter over all of these corrupt politicians and other people involved in ruining our country. I will do what I can to make sure it happens. May God have mercy on their souls because I sure as won't.

We have very few people in DC that are on our side. Take the immigration law they are trying to pass. All of the dems and many of the reps want to pass it. It gives amnesty to 30 million + illegals with zero border enforcement and we have our last hope reps supporting it. That will bankrupt us in short order and nobody gives a shit.
                              All they care about is the votes they can get by handing these people money from the pockets of our children.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X