What is it going to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it going to take?

Benghazi, collecting phone records of the AP, IRS illegally and unfairly targeting Conservative groups, the NSA seizing of Verizon's phone records, Triggerfish, PRISM.

Why are people not protesting in the streets? Obviously, there is a lot more civility here than in third world countries. But people have overthrown governments for less. How is none of this sticking? Where are the protests. Why aren't there riots? What is it going to take before people take a stand and say enough of the bullshit? Republicans and Democrats alike should all be outraged. All of this demonstrates very clearly that government is too big, too powerful, and too interested in their own agenda. Why are people not outraged that we aren't even close to being as free as they thought?
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

because we are comfortable and lazy.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

sigpic

Comment

The government gives the masses money, food, phones, in some cases houses... Those people don't want to upset the good flow that they have going on. I agree governments have been overthrown for less. This whole situation is sickening. And the thing that upsets me even more is this post probably moved me up just a tad bit higher on their list.

Comment

And another scandal surfaces...almost makes you wonder if they're trying to deflect from something bigger ?

Comment

It won't be until comfort is wrecked. People get up, go to work, come home, watch TV, go to bed and repeat. Once that is disrupted, all hell will break loose.

Comment

Take American Idol off the air. Everyone would freak the fuck out.

Comment

Comment

Most liberals that I hear are still supporting Obama and blaming Bush for anything that can be linked to the patriot act (Verizon, prism, spying on reporters, etc)...one told me, just yesterday, that he thinks the IRS scandal is all just made up by republicans and that nothing ever happened. He also told me that Benghazi is just a ploy, by republicans, to discredit Hilary Clinton, because she's apparently unbeatable for 2016...

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    /thread. LMAO!
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If I didn't have a mortgage, car payments and all the other crap to worry about I'd organize and participate in protest marches. Not that it'd matter, the MSM won't cover anything that doesn't paint Obama as our saviour.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        How is none of this sticking? Where are the protests. Why aren't there riots? What is it going to take before people take a stand and say enough of the bullshit?
                        I'm doing my part! I'm banging the keys right off this fucking keyboard!
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          I'm doing my part! I'm banging the keys right off this fucking keyboard!
                          I don't have the time to dedicate to organize it, but I would certainly participate in protests. Going on a shooting rampage certainly isn't going to solve anything.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            I don't have the time to dedicate to organize it, but I would certainly participate in protests. Going on a shooting rampage certainly isn't going to solve anything.
                            Sure it would, if you had 1-2 million other guys are on your side.

Comment

only thing the people can do is vote....that happens every 2 or 4 years. that is the reason nothing is happening right now. No matter how we feel about it, we can only affect changed during an election cycle. that is also why Obama and the dems are doing what they are doing....because they know they can push it through and we can't do anything about it right now. remember what he told the Russian PM...once I am re elected, I can get stuff done.

unless something DRASTIC changes and the dem party turns on Obama, he is here at least until the 2014 elections and maybe the republicans take the senate and NOT lose the house. Only then do they have the numbers to impeach and MAYBE turn some of this BS around.

Yes, the .gov is too big. time to hit reset to 1945 or so and add things in smartly under a more libertarian agenda.

Comment

Working...
                              X