Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun control added to immigration bill

From the article:

U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal plans to offer at least two gun control amendments to the immigration reform bill the Senate is set to take up next week, returning to an issue that was defeated earlier this spring.

Gun control and immigration reform were the cornerstones of the president's second-term agenda and Blumenthal -- who made stricter gun laws a top priority following the Newtown school massacre -- will attempt to use one as a vehicle to revive the other.

"Supporters of gun violence prevention like myself have said repeatedly and consistently that we're going to raise this issue again and again as long as it is necessary to seek positive steps forward," said Blumenthal. "This bill is certainly an opportunity and I feel an obligation to raise it in ways that are relevant and important to immigration."

Former Connecticut Congressman Toby Moffett, a Washington lobbyist who supports stricter gun laws, said those on the gun control side should be careful about what measures they bring forward and wary of any proposal that could give pro-gun senators a "face-saving vote that could be called gun control."

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Elected officials that attach completely unrelated amendments to bills at the least deserve to be removed from office. At the most, dragged out by an angry mob and taken care of.
    Fuck all of those sneaky, backhanded, dishonest weasels that have and will do that.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      Elected officials that attach completely unrelated amendments to bills at the least deserve to be removed from office. At the most, dragged out by an angry mob and taken care of.
      Fuck all of those sneaky, backhanded, dishonest weasels that have and will do that.
      I would vote for that.

Comment

My number one favorite line of bullshit from the gun control crowd is that "gun control" is "gun violence prevention." If you're anti-"gun control," then you're pro-"gun violence."
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I can't wait till they sneak one in that eliminates term limits for the pres.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            yes!
            satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Working...
            X