Public Apology & Amends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Apology & Amends

I want to apologize for my awful behavior in the Theology Corner a while ago when I was posting.

I've been in Recovery (12 Step) for a couple of years now so that I can address my behavior and the issues that cause it. I'm on Step 9, which is making amends. I go to those I've harmed and apologize, then ask them if there's anything I can do to make it right. I'd like to do that now.

I came in here and acted like I knew it all. I was arrogant and disrespectful. I treated the religious people like they were idiots if they didn't believe the way I did. I treated the Atheists as if they were idiots and knew nothing about life. I "corrected" people when they believed something differently than me, as if I were the "religion" police. I was rude and inconsiderate. I made personal attacks and tried to "cleverly" conceal them. I treated you all with incredible disrespect, thinking I was better than others.

The truth is that I had such an incredibly low self-image that I was using my knowledge to make myself feel better at the expense of others. I thought if I "helped" others, it would make me happier and give me importance, because I felt insignificant. I was wrong about a great many things, and I pushed those things on others. I was the one who needed help, not you guys. You guys were acting with far more respect and kindness than I was, and you knew a lot more about life than me. You treated me so much better than I treated you. I was a jerk, and there's absolutely no excuse for the way I treated all of you. If someone treated me the way I treated all of you, I'd feel awful. I'd want to ban the person from the forum. And yet you guys and the admins were so patient with me. Thank you for that. I definitely did not deserve that much kindness.

This is for you guys, but it's also for me. Humiliation is exactly what a prideful person like me needs. Making right what I've done wrong helps, too. I was so fake when I was here and didn't even realize it. It takes some pain for me to be knocked down to size by admitting this stuff, but it's really helping. It's nice to finally be real--to be me--instead of a jerk. It's nice to be able to appreciate everyone and their beliefs for who they are instead of judging them because they believe differently than me. I couldn't honestly do that before, and I'm so sorry about that. I can't believe you all and the administrators were so patient with me.

I don't remember the names of the people I treated abusively in here, except for Phillystang. So, if I treated you badly in any way, please let me know what I did to you and if there's anything I can do to make it right. (Cephyr13@yahoo.com)
    Last edited by BrianC; 06-04-2013, 01:43 PM.

Who are you?

Comment

props, 9th steps arent any fun. Keep on with it.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Asthma demons.

Hope you get your shit together man. You were posting some hilariously off the wall shit back in the day.

Comment

Kudos for the amends, best wishes on your recovery.

Comment

X2 on recovery...

Congrats.
            ./ ____ _ _\.
            (]]]_ o _[[[)
            \o_FORD_o/
            |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

awesome dude. stay black, stay strong!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good for you, man. Keep it up.

Comment

Damn. This has got to be a first here. I'm not going to lie, I saw your name pop up and immediately thought, "here we go again".

Good luck with your journey. Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Who are you?
                    I think I remember something about a lochness monster or something back in the day? I don't know, it was something weird.

Anyways, good luck to you OP.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Thanks so much for the kindness and encouragement.

Comment

Good on you, man. Hope you do well.

Comment

Congrats on getting on a better path. Good luck with the journey.

Comment

Working...
                          X