Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury as elementary school lowers American flag... and replaces it with Saudi Arabian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury as elementary school lowers American flag... and replaces it with Saudi Arabian

As the tenth anniversary of 9/11 approaches, someone at Bauder Elementary School in Fort Collins appears to have lowered the American symbol while raising that of the Muslim country in its place.

Parents of children at an elementary school in Colorado are furious after the American flag was lowered at the multi-cultural school and replaced with a Saudi Arabian flag.
    As the tenth anniversary of 9/11 approaches, someone at Bauder Elementary School in Fort Collins appears to have lowered the American symbol while raising that of the Muslim country in its place.

The flag is thought to have initially been hung at the school as one of many posted around the site in recognition of the various nationalities represented by the young students.

The school's principal insisted the flag was not raised by a member of staff in order to disrespect the American flag - and said the American flag immediately was returned to its prominent position when the issue came to his attention.

But parents argue the display was a direct violation of federal law, which states: 'No other flag or pennant should be placed above, or, if on same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America.'
    They argue it's the result of the effect a growing Muslim population is having on the area.

A photograph of the Saudi Arabian flag was taken by a concerned local and first posted on the Greeley Report blog.

'We realise this is an extremely sensitive time with us getting close to the 10th anniversary of 9/11,' the school's principal, Brian Carpenter said.
    'Bauder Elementary School serves a diverse international population of students. As a means of recognising the varied nationalities of students, flags from the students’ respective countries fly within the school’s center lobby.

'The American flag always sits highest in the centre of a window alcove with the other nation flags being tilted from a lower position.'
    He insisted no one at the school had created the display and added: 'The American flag is very important to us and this country so we treat it with respect.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2UzMTiEYN
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Is it finally 2011?
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

A tabloid article from 5 September 2011!? Somebody needs to jump on this!
      Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

Okay, you've learned the paragraph breaks. Good job. Now we need to talk about posting news articles that are 2 years old.

Comment

Sooooooo. If no American flag is flying, then it can't be "above or to the righ if on the same level"

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Okay, you've learned the paragraph breaks. Good job. Now we need to talk about posting news articles that are 2 years old.
            Baby steps Tali. I know how old it is, merely thought it interesting that this happens

Comment

UPDATED: 15:46 EST, 5 September 2011

Wednesday December 13, 2000
              Headlines - Indecision 2000 - Victory: Bush
              Al Gore concedes the presidency to George W. Bush after the Supreme Court rules 5 to 4 for stopping the Florida recount.

Dam just read this!

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Sooooooo. If no American flag is flying, then it can't be "above or to the righ if on the same level"
                Soooooo, I'm guessing you didn't open the link and see the Saudi flag to the right and higher than the American flag.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                  Wednesday December 13, 2000
                  Headlines - Indecision 2000 - Victory: Bush
                  Al Gore concedes the presidency to George W. Bush after the Supreme Court rules 5 to 4 for stopping the Florida recount.

Dam just read this!
                  Holy Shit! W wins, W wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
                    Soooooo, I'm guessing you didn't open the link and see the Saudi flag to the right and higher than the American flag.
                    No, I didn't. But the article says "lowered at the multi-cultural school and replaced with a Saudi Arabian flag" regardless, the picture in the link shows the American flag on the right. But that begs the question. For the purpose of determining right/left should the POV be from the viewer to the flag, or flag to viewer? It seems as though our military has the same question.

The following is a link to a page showing a picture of the flag on the other side. Getting image codes while on an iPad is rather difficult.

Comment

No, I didn't. But the article says "lowered at the multi-cultural school and replaced with a Saudi Arabian flag" regardless, the picture in the link shows the American flag on the right. But that begs the question. For the purpose of determining right/left should the POV be from the viewer to the flag, or flag to viewer? It seems as though our military has the same question.

The following is a link to a page showing a picture of the flag on the other side. Getting image codes while on an iPad is rather difficult.

http://www.oag.state.md.us/nationalGuardRights.htm
                      I don't know man. I'm not a flag expert, I just figured as much crap as you give everyone else, I would give you some.

Comment

http://www.oag.state.md.us/nationalGuardRights.htm
                        Considering the American flag is clearly higher than every other one there, it's kind of moot. When the American flag is lowered and another is held higher, THEN there's a problem

Comment

WTF does any of that have to do with the original article?
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

IIRC the flag code isn't federal law. Doesn't make it right but worse stuff has happened with the American flag in Texas.
                            2004 Suzuki DL650
                            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Is Alaska a state yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X