Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    and hits you with a device that immobilizes you and can cause heart attacks
    Everything can cause health problems these days. Before we die, it will be determined that fucking oxygen causes cancer.

Cry me a river. In this instance, they didn't taze some 95 yr old man with a pacemaker.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

No, they tased a homeowner in his home who asked for a warrant, was posing no immediate threat, was conversing through a huge window.

Violation of the 4th amendment. Cry me a river when it happens to you. Prove he had no medical issues that the application of a taser couldn't complicate or make fatal.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
        I saw that petty attempt, but look lower where he actually admitted it-

Really?

Stevo
        Are you really that dense? Seriously? You think the suspect's name is the only thing you fill in? Please stop speaking on a subject you obviously know nothing about.
        2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

No, they tased a homeowner in his home who asked for a warrant, was posing no immediate threat, was conversing through a huge window.

Violation of the 4th amendment. Cry me a river when it happens to you. Prove he had no medical issues that the application of a taser couldn't complicate or make fatal.

You can't argue with stupid, so, I'm done in here.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Warrants are easy to write, the affidavit would probably be the challenging part.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              You can't argue with stupid, so, I'm done in here.
              I agree. I've been thinking that since you started posting. You see no issue with government agents illegally kicking in a door and tasing someone in their own home who pose no threat. There's no discussing that level of idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                Don't take it personal. I wouldn't direct that to you because I don't think you would do that since I am sure you have enough sense for how to treat people. I was referring to that jackass that broke in and used the taser. Even if they had a reason to come in, what was the excuse for the taser?

We cannot begin to justify (or condemn) the use of the Taser without knowing what the officer was seeing or other existing circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  In my limited experience, finding a judge would be the hardest part.
                  You talk to a judge, present to him the evidence you have and he decides if it warrants a warrant. He signs it, where it states what you can do and where you can do it and off you go.

How far off am I?

The common patrol officer would have to call an investigative unit, have them respond, draft a warrant, find a judge, and drive back to the location.

All the meanwhile the victim has bled out or any evidence has been lost.

Hence the exigent circumstance exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                    Pretty sure on Domestic call they have to secure that there isn't anyone in danger & the home owner was not letting them do their job. Sounds like they asked him to come out & he wouldn't comply & they made him. The part of the whole video that concerns me is them kicking in the door. I know they cant kick in your door to serve a warrant unless they can verify someone is home
                    Arrest or search warrant?

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                    According to my vast law experience, derived from watching COPS, it is a requirement in some states that at least one of you goes to jail when they are called for a domestic dispute.
                    Usually there is mandatory arrest on the primary aggressor, only if there is probable cause to support an assault has occurred.

I have been to so many pissed off woman calling 911 is isnt' funny. I recall one time when the female called and said that the male had slammed her head against the concrete so hard that she lost consciousness. She made other outlandish claims and wanted him gone, but for us to make sure we got the car keys out of his pocket.

Well, followed policy and had her write out a statement. The ambulance service checked her head and she didn't have the swelling you'd expect from getting your head slammed on concrete. She didn't even have a scratch. The guy's story made much more sense than hers, so since she provided a written statement, she went to jail for false report (and local warrants).

The Tolerant County DA dropped the false report case.

Comment

Error should always be made on the side of freedom and restraint. You had multiple officers there. One could have been sent to get a warrant if they felt one was justified. He had no obligation to engage them in a dialog as, last time I checked, no one has an obligation to discuss anything with cops.

Or am I wrong?

Was there reason to believe someone was dying in the house? Was there reason to believe a crime was being committed at that moment? You can spin it as you like officer, but they kicked in a door to a home they had no right to be entering after a citizen refused to come outside to 'talk.' They knew he was recording and tased him anyway despite seeing both of his hands.

How would you enjoy that Matt? Cops kick in your door and tase you?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

If more details come out, I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

Wrong and not given enough information are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post
                          Are you really that dense? Seriously? You think the suspect's name is the only thing you fill in? Please stop speaking on a subject you obviously know nothing about.
                          Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post

Sure there are warrants that are fill in the blank (blood draw) but to get a warrant for a house takes much longer.
                          Make up your mind.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I dont know why these people scream like girls when getting hit by a taser....it cant be that bad can it? I think I could take it.

of course i might be trolling.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                              I dont know why these people scream like girls when getting hit by a taser....it cant be that bad can it? I think I could take it.

of course i might be trolling.
                              In the face, IN THE FACE!!!!

almost got me!
                              "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                              -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                                In the face, IN THE FACE!!!!

almost got me!
                                LMAO That was a good scene, wasn't it.

Comment

Working...
                                X