No announcement yet.

Lesson Learned - keep your voice down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The standard "then why don't you want to come out and talk to us?" argument. I get trying to keep people safe, but that's crossing the line. I'd like to see more to this story.

There is something very wrong with the state being able to kick your door in and taze you, in the name of "security."
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Cotati PD haven't been known for their brains, I use to work a little south of there and stayed out of that town.
      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Slippery slope. Domestic calls are some of the most dangerous to handle. I really don't like how it was handled, but on the flip side, who is to say dude was not beating the shit out of his wife or kid?

Comment

Pretty sure on Domestic call they have to secure that there isn't anyone in danger & the home owner was not letting them do their job. Sounds like they asked him to come out & he wouldn't comply & they made him. The part of the whole video that concerns me is them kicking in the door. I know they cant kick in your door to serve a warrant unless they can verify someone is home
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          And while his kidney stones pass,
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
            Problem with opening the door and stepping outside is that you will more than likely end up in jail. I don't know how many times that I have heard the excuse that cop's were called on a domestic so someone has to go in. It happened to a friend not too long ago in a dispute with his roommate.
            According to my vast law experience, derived from watching COPS, it is a requirement in some states that at least one of you goes to jail when they are called for a domestic dispute.

Comment

A warrant is issued from probable cause. Blood draw warrants are based on SFST (PC). Pretty easy to have the "clues" listed on the warrant and just check off what you see.

Typing up a warrant for just about anything else takes a lot longer. The longer the warrant, the longer it takes the judge to read. If the judge asks about something that was not originally in the warrant you gotta correct it and submit it again.

Where did I say it took "a matter of minutes" to get a warrant signed?
              2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post
                A warrant is issued from probable cause. Blood draw warrants are based on SFST (PC). Pretty easy to have the "clues" listed on the warrant and just check off what you see.

Typing up a warrant for just about anything else takes a lot longer. The longer the warrant, the longer it takes the judge to read. If the judge asks about something that was not originally in the warrant you gotta correct it and submit it again.

Where did I say it took "a matter of minutes" to get a warrant signed?
                You said they have generic warrants where all they have to do is fill in a name and have a judge sign it, and implied that it is done quick, are you saying now it DOESN'T just take minutes to do? As opposed to the hours it would take in a DV warrant?

Basically, you admitted that you and the legal system only adhere to due process where it benefits you. And blaming "typing" as the reason...

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Please quote where I said you just fill in the name and have a judge sign it. And yes, I am saying I never said it took "minutes" to write a warrant and have a judge sign it.

You have no clue how to write a warrant nor the process to get one signed. But please tell me how to do it.
                  2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    You said they have generic warrants where all they have to do is fill in a name and have a judge sign it, and implied that it is done quick, are you saying now it DOESN'T just take minutes to do? As opposed to the hours it would take in a DV warrant?

I think you aren't picking up on the sarcasm.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      I think you aren't picking up on the sarcasm.
                      I saw that petty attempt, but look lower where he actually admitted it-

Please quote where I said you just fill in the name and have a judge sign it. And yes, I am saying I never said it took "minutes" to write a warrant and have a judge sign it.

You have no clue how to write a warrant nor the process to get one signed. But please tell me how to do it.
                      Really?

"Hey judge! I realize its 0330 hours but I kinda need in this house. No, for real. I promise I'm good to get inside. Cool?"

That's all it takes to get a search warrant. Seriously. LOL! You guys kill me. We all have judges on speed dial with pre-formatted warrants for every situation that might arise.

On a good day when the stars align and the universe is in perfect harmony I would say two hours is a good time frame to type a warrant, locate a judge and get it signed.

Sure there are warrants that are fill in the blank (blood draw) but to get a warrant for a house takes much longer.
                      Stevo
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        I saw that petty attempt, but look lower where he actually admitted it-

Stevo
                        Blood draw warrant and warrant to enter a house are two very different things, one must be scrutinized much more than the other, contain more information, etc. Surely you understand the difference between the two. And how is bureaucratic red tape the police officer's fault? They didn't write the legislation.

There's a ton of things I have to do at work that have to go through red tape, or I lose my job. Sure, there are easier, faster, and much more simple ways to do it. But if I don't follow the procedure, they will replace me with someone who will.

And as already stated, in many states, they don't need a warrant to enter on a domestic call. I'm sure if you care enough you can look it up in California's penal code. I am normally EXTREMELY critical of LE. But I really fail to see the problem with the story as it was presented. If more details come out, I'll gladly admit I was wrong.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

And as already stated, in many states, they don't need a warrant to enter on a domestic call. I'm sure if you care enough you can look it up in California's penal code.
                          Aren't you sharp as a tack are some type of lawyer or something?
                          Or somebody important or something?
                          Nah I ain't passed the bar but I know a little bit
                          Enough that you won't illegally search my shit
                          Well see how smart you are when the K-9's come...

Comment

Blood draw warrant and warrant to enter a house are two very different things, one must be scrutinized much more than the other, contain more information, etc. Surely you understand the difference between the two.

And as already stated, in many states, they don't need a warrant to enter on a domestic call. I'm sure if you care enough you can look it up in California's penal code.
                            Both of them require the same thing- probable cause, and both of them are bound by due process. Just because it takes some jack-boot 30 minutes longer to type up a form doesn't mean due process should go out of the window.

And one should be scrutinized more than the other? Bull-fucking-shit. That very thing is where shit starts hitting the fan, being lax on the processes they choose to ignore while concentrating on the ones the benefit their agendas. Apply the law equally, or not at all.

Stevo

Comment

Yet I see a problem any time there's not an immediate threat to loss of life when a cop kicks in your door and hits you with a device that immobilizes you and can cause heart attacks
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Jamison,
                                If I call your local PD and report a domestic violence case and the state trooper shows up (so that you can't flash your badge and get special treatment), are you okay with them kicking in your door on an anonymous call and tasing you?
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X