Lesson Learned - keep your voice down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    You're saying that police have no ability to call a magistrate, explain what is going on and getting a signature? Really? That's what you're selling?
    So tell me what PC is present to require a warrant when legally the exigent circumstance exception does not require one.

Do you have a clue what goes into a warrant and the time it takes to get one?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      So tell me what PC is present to require a warrant when legally the exigent circumstance exception does not require one.

In my limited experience, finding a judge would be the hardest part.

Comment

Yea, right.....
        Don't take it personal. I wouldn't direct that to you because I don't think you would do that since I am sure you have enough sense for how to treat people. I was referring to that jackass that broke in and used the taser. Even if they had a reason to come in, what was the excuse for the taser?
        Last edited by line-em-up; 05-15-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          If an anonymous call is enough to let the police enter a house without a warrant then they could justify anything. I'm amazed that anyone with a brain would advocate that bullshit. And no, I don't care about big scary domestic violence cases either.
          That's what I am thinking. Once again, are we willing to give up our rights as a society because of what could possibly happen in a few cases?

Comment

I can't stand When people Pull out their cameras. And think they know their rights. And taunt cops. It never ends well right or Wrong do what the cops tell you to do. To avoid an ass kicking. Just get badge #'s and Fight it in court.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
              I can't stand When people Pull out their cameras. And think they know their rights. And taunt cops. It never ends well right or Wrong do what the cops tell you to do. To avoid an ass kicking. Just get badge #'s and Fight it in court.
              That doesn't give cops the right to fuck your rights, right in their God given righteous assholes. I don't totally disagree with your sentiment, but this shit will continue until cops are held responsible and/or people get fed up and start returning taser fire.

Comment

You talk to a judge, present to him the evidence you have and he decides if it warrants a warrant. He signs it, where it states what you can do and where you can do it and off you go.

How far off am I?
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                  Right. And then you wind up with crushed drywall in your house and drug charges, your house seized and you get sent to the hospital because you 'resisted arrest' and the officer's mic was accidentally turned off the whole time. It's your word against 4 of them. If cops are doing nothing wrong, they should have no problem being recorded. Isn't that the line they always use when they want to do something?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    That doesn't give cops the right to fuck your rights, right in their God given righteous assholes. I don't totally disagree with your sentiment, but this shit will continue until cops are held responsible and/or people get fed up and start returning taser fire.
                    I agree with what ur saying.

I was just making a point. That there are a lot of hotheaded trigger-happy cops Who overreact. And would kill you Did in your own house or not. That's the point I was Trying to make. He could've Easily Used his pistol instead of a Tayser. Killed that person can make the excuse of saying she was reaching for a weapon
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

"Hey judge! I realize its 0330 hours but I kinda need in this house. No, for real. I promise I'm good to get inside. Cool?"

That's all it takes to get a search warrant. Seriously. LOL! You guys kill me. We all have judges on speed dial with pre-formatted warrants for every situation that might arise.

On a good day when the stars align and the universe is in perfect harmony I would say two hours is a good time frame to type a warrant, locate a judge and get it signed.

Sure there are warrants that are fill in the blank (blood draw) but to get a warrant for a house takes much longer.
                      2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

You're saying you have zero way to get a judge to sign off on a warrant after 5pm?

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post
                          "Hey judge! I realize its 0330 hours but I kinda need in this house. No, for real. I promise I'm good to get inside. Cool?"

That's all it takes to get a search warrant. Seriously. LOL! You guys kill me. We all have judges on speed dial with pre-formatted warrants for every situation that might arise.

On a good day when the stars align and the universe is in perfect harmony I would say two hours is a good time frame to type a warrant, locate a judge and get it signed.

Sure there are warrants that are fill in the blank (blood draw) but to get a warrant for a house takes much longer.
                          Hmmm, sounds like a great reason to ignore a citizens civil rights to me.

And it is funny that you actually admit that you can call a judge and have a warrant to draw blood in a matter of minutes but that same judge cannot be located to do his job in other cases. Selective application of due process or just plain laziness/ineptitude?

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Last time I checked making things inconvenient for cops does not override civil rights.

Comment

Problem with opening the door and stepping outside is that you will more than likely end up in jail. I don't know how many times that I have heard the excuse that cop's were called on a domestic so someone has to go in. It happened to a friend not too long ago in a dispute with his roommate.

Comment

That's why you don't open your door and you talk through it. They start threatening to break it down, hit record and call your attorney

Comment

Working...
                                X