Latino Students Surpass Whites In Texas, Becoming Largest Ethnic Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latino Students Surpass Whites In Texas, Becoming Largest Ethnic Group

“From the start,” said Kandace Vallejo, who is a coordinator for the Workers Defense Project, a nonprofit with offices in Dallas and Austin, “immigrant and working-class families and people of color don’t have the same opportunities.”

Oh, those poor little kids don't have the same opportunities. BOOhoohoo! WHY is that? Because they don't qualify for enough free handouts yet? Because their mammas and pappas don't stop fucking long enough to think about the fact that they can't afford another little burrito in the oven?

They have finally taken over. You only have another few years left before their voting power takes our great state over. They know how to work the system and are there for every handout. Just wait until they take over the voting booths.

=======================

Latino children in Texas are now the largest ethnic group in the Lone Star state, The Dallas Morning News is reporting.

The newspaper said that Hispanic kids in Texas have passed whites – over half of the students enrolling in the school system are Latinos.

But with this increase have come changes since many of the students come from impoverished communities.

The Dallas Morning News says that teachers find themselves struggling to lecture students since many of them speak little English. Demographers told the publication that if these schools do not adapt to the changes, Hispanic students may end up in low-paying jobs and overtaxed social programs.

This, the expert said, will affect Texas’ economy.

According to the 2010 census, 40 percent of Latino kids 25 or older did not finish high school, in comparison with 8 percent of whites.

So, why are Hispanic kids opting to leave school?

According to the Morning News, experts think a few reasons include teachers who do not know Spanish, poverty in the households (this makes it hard for parents to save and invest in their kids’ future), and a dearth of funds in schools located in Hispanic neighborhoods.

“From the start,” said Kandace Vallejo, who is a coordinator for the Workers Defense Project, a nonprofit with offices in Dallas and Austin, “immigrant and working-class families and people of color don’t have the same opportunities.”

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz2SZqnHeWp

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
    experts think a few reasons include teachers who do not know Spanish
    That's fucking bullshit and pisses me off. Some experts. The correct answer is students don't know English well enough. You're living here, learn it.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      That's fucking bullshit and pisses me off. Some experts. The correct answer is students don't know English well enough. You're living here, learn it.
      W3RD!

I'll never have compassion for fuckers who refuse to learn/speak English.

Comment

My nephew in the 2nd grade tested into the 5th but since the school does not have advanced courses he gets to sluff for the next few years teaching the non english speaking kids how to understand the teacher. To hear him tell it he is one white kid of 5 in a class of 25 "mexican kids and asian kids". AISD
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Douche Vallejo
          Say what? If that is the case blame the fucking parents. If you are so worried about your kid not getting the same "opportunities" as the rest of the kids (whoever the fuck those are) how about you changing your standings.

How many of this MAJORITY are on the WIC and free lunch programs etc? I bet they know how to say free fucking lunch in perfect english. English is not that hard to learn just like neither is Spanish. Fuck, I can even communicate with retard Afghans in Dari because I used to interact with them on occasions. You live in Fucking Texas Motherfucking USA.......stop shopping at super marcado and walk into Tom Thumb and learn to navigate in English. Adopt OUR ways or get the fuck out of our AWESOME fucking state and mediocre country
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

It's our own fault. English should have been made the national language, which would have forced all government and education programs to be managed consistently. Now the poor stupid bastards have no opportunity to succeed in America unless they take advantage of all the welfare handouts available to non-English speakers.

One more example of an intentional cycle of dependency created by our political parties. You can blame the Repubs on this one too, they're just as eager as the Dems to pander to the amnesty vote of the soon-to-not-be illegals. They would rather use your money to buy votes than do what is best for the future of our country.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

My wife home schools our 5 and 7 year old children. This whole teaching to the lowest common denominator does nothing for anyone.

Comment

Well it looks like Australia, New Zealand, and the Slavic countries are the last bastions of white society.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Jr sez "HAHA"

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    Jr sez "JAJA"

god bless.
                    Fixed that for you

Comment

Heaven forbid the Latino's look into the mirror and say "my bad, I'm a screw up"! Instead the minorities look for a scapegoat called whitey and blame all there short comings on him/her!

Sack up and quit blaming lack of Latino/spanish speaking teachers, your lazy ass parents should have ensured you spoke english before enrollment, just like they used to.

Comment

Sweet, when do i start getting my special privelages for being a minority?

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          This^^^

Comment

Am googling, not finding any.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Here you go:

Latin, black, or anything other than a white person? Well you get preferential selection when it comes to government contracts! Hurrah!

But seriously, any smart business owner just sets up a shell corp "owned" by Señor ________ and bids through that entity.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                              X