Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Cruz the ‘Most Talented and Fearless Republican Politician

http://news.yahoo.com/dem-strategist...213426095.html
    U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks during the 2013 NRA Annual Meeting and Exhibits at the George R. Brown Convention Center on May 3, 2013 in Houston, Texas. (Photo: Getty Images)

Texas Senator Ted Cruz (R) was showered with praise today on ABC's This Week, one Democrat strategist even calling him the "most talented and fearless Republican politician" he's seen in 30 years.

James Carville remarked, with no scorn or irony apparent in his voice:

I think [Ted Cruz] is the most talented and fearless Republican politician I've seen in the last 30 years. I further think that he's going to run for president, and he is going to create something. I'm not sitting here saying he's going to win, and I think Senator DeMint is right [that he inspires people across the country]. I've listened to excerpts of his speech in South Carolina. He touches every button, and this guy has no fear. He just keeps plowing ahead. And he is going to be something to watch.

And a lot of Republicans feel this way...and you hear this a lot: "If we only got someone who was articulate and was for what we were for, we'd win elections. And we get these John McCains and these Mitt Romneys and these squishy guys that can't do anything." Well, there's one thing this guy is not - he ain't squishy, not in the least.

The panel mentioned other rising stars in the Republican Party, like Senator Marco Rubio of Florida and Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, but Carville came back to Cruz.

If all the rising stars held a national debate, Carville asserted, Ted Cruz would "eat their lunch."

"That guy, I'm telling you, he will out-debate," Carville insisted. "I am just saying, he is a talent...I'm not rooting. I'm really sincere here...Now I don't agree with him. I think he's out there. But I'm telling you, he's more talented than all of these other guys."

A young Tea Party Hispanic from Texas is a hard combination to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      A young Tea Party Hispanic from Texas is a hard combination to beat.
      Want to put some money on that?

He might win Texas by 20-25%, thanks in large part to the low turnout combined with 33-35% of the voters casting a straight Republican Ticket ballet in a typical Texas general election.

But I`m pretty sure it is also a *VERY* safe bet that people in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Northern Virginia, Denver, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Santa Fe, etc. would be willing to stand in line to vote against him for however many hours it took to vote due to his extremism - and their percieved threat of him in office. Combine that with that Latin American Hispanics typically do not support Cubans for a variety of reasons and you`ll have a Democratic Landslide in the electoral college.

IF Hillary runs, ( as a bonus ) she`ll also win: KY ( unless Rand Paul is running ), WV, TN, and NC simply because she isnt Black or Hispanic.

Maybe even Cruze like the rest of the former GOP nominees isnt " Conservative Enough" to reverse that stacked of a deck.

Comment

I mean in general, as Carville did. Not necessarily as a bid for POTUS. I'm happy if he just represents Texas. IF she runs, Hillary doesn't have a prayer.
        Last edited by Vertnut; 05-06-2013, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
          Want to put some money on that?

He might win Texas by 20-25%, thanks in large part to the low turnout combined with 33-35% of the voters casting a straight Republican Ticket ballet in a typical Texas general election.

But I`m pretty sure it is also a *VERY* safe bet that people in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Northern Virginia, Denver, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Santa Fe, etc. would be willing to stand in line to vote against him for however many hours it took to vote due to his extremism - and their percieved threat of him in office. Combine that with that Latin American Hispanics typically do not support Cubans for a variety of reasons and you`ll have a Democratic Landslide in the electoral college.

IF Hillary runs, ( as a bonus ) she`ll also win: KY ( unless Rand Paul is running ), WV, TN, and NC simply because she isnt Black or Hispanic.

Maybe even Cruze like the rest of the former GOP nominees isnt " Conservative Enough" to reverse that stacked of a deck.

You have 4 posts and one of them was a complaint about us not talking strictly mustangs. Now you are talking politics. Please don't start spitting out the liberal shit.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            You have 4 posts and one of them was a complaint about us not talking strictly mustangs. Now you are talking politics. Please don't start spitting out the liberal shit.
            He might be amusing. We haven't had a gpamp in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              I did notice that, but was trying to extend a little courtesy, not that it will do any good.

Comment

Ted Cruz is the reason I went to the polls last time around, I just happened to vote for Romney while I was there.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  Ted Cruz is the reason I went to the polls last time around, I just happened to vote for Romney while I was there.

Stevo
                  I might even campaign door to door for the guy if he runs for POTUS. He has something Republicans haven't had for a loooong time. A spine. They might be surprised how far having one will get them.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                    I might even campaign door to door for the guy if he runs for POTUS. He has something Republicans haven't had for a loooong time. A spine. They might be surprised how far having one will get them.
                    My first vote was for Cruz against Dewhurst. Wish all my votes displayed such reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      IF she runs, Hillary doesn't have a prayer.

Careful. I want to agree with this, if she runs in 2016. Notice I said I want to. Still have a hard time buying that. The first woman that runs (and gets the nomination), will likely get elected. I would think Hillary is smart enough to know that running in 2016 would be a bad choice on her part, because I would like to think people are tired of Obama and the left as a whole. That said, they aren't as tired of it as I am, or he never would have gotten a second term.

Then again, maybe it won't be. Especially if the right trots out another pathetic nominee like the last two have been.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We will know what kind of impact Benghazi might have at the end of this week. The myriad of emails coming out will be extremely hard to refute. It may not be her, but someone will have to answer for them. Hillary will turn 69 the month before a 2016 election. I remember how weathered and beat up McCain looked next to the messiah. It would be interesting to see her standing next to a youthful male candidate.

Comment

Especially if he uses her own videos against her where she was trying to beat Obama and asked "The phone rings at 3 am. Who do you want answering the phone" with her comments about "Who cares?" thrown in
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            Especially if he uses her own videos against her where she was trying to beat Obama and asked "The phone rings at 3 am. Who do you want answering the phone" with her comments about "Who cares?" thrown in
                            Or Whitewater Gate.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Hillary has a ton of ghosts in her closet, if someone will just drag them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X