No announcement yet.

preaching to non believers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olsteen is a prosperity preacher. he preaches happy fun time in this life and not much meat and potatoes from the bible.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
      Interesting. I always stared at that thing but I never knew why. Now I think I understand why it always caught my eye. (Although it was always pretty clear to me that he wasn't preaching much bible truth).

You know guys like him frustrate me, and as a Christian I don't know how to handle it. An old friend married a guy and they started a "church" along the same lines as Lakewood.

Part of me feels like they are flat out lying to people, making God out to be a doctor/ATM, getting rich off of it, and within a group of people that should be publicly challenged so that the true message of Christ's death is not weakened by what often amounts to heretical teachings.

The other part of me looks at him as somebody who may be simply deceived. (Admittedly - I look at my friend and her husband like this more than Joel Osteen). I want so badly to help them come to a correct understanding of the gospel, but they tend to be so very stuck in what they believe.

Bottom line though, is that Joel Osteen probably does need to stop preaching. He is a good encourager, teacher, and motivational speaker, but IMO He is not a bible teacher, and is leading a lot of people in the wrong direction.
      Like what ELVIS said, he's a prosperity preacher. "If you send me X amount of money, God will bless you in untold ways." He's fucking scamming people out of their money. If what he was saying was true he wouldn't need folks to send him money, he'd have enough and would be able to just give money to people. As most anyone who comes into the theology corner knows that I hate religions in general. Folks who scam/do harm to others in the name of religion need to go die in a tire fire.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        If the idiots that give Joel Osteen money don't notice the globe behind him onstage, instead of, at the very least, a cross, I don't know if there's much hope for them. He makes what he worships very apparent. He's the white TD Jakes.
        You're exactly right. I was listening to the ticket last night and Scott Ferrall was discussing Jason Coleman vs Tim Tebow and while shitting on churches essentially said he really likes Olsteen because of his positive message and the fact that he leaves the bible mostly out of his "sermons" except in the instances of anecdotal callbacks. Olsteen is as much a Christian as Penn is, he's just convinced he is his own god and has the ego stroker to validate his theory.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        I wish that dude would disappear. Srsly. What a fucking scam artist.
        He's not alone man, these fuckers are everywhere. I'm convinced that the exodus from the Christian faith is due in large part to the "God is an ATM" message that these fucking crooks preach. Members of these churches are "tithing" with credit cards because they all seem to have the same buy-in hierarchy. You give, give, give and give some more and you may work your way into the pastor's inner circle of ass kissing sheep.

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
        Interesting. I always stared at that thing but I never knew why. Now I think I understand why it always caught my eye. (Although it was always pretty clear to me that he wasn't preaching much bible truth).

You know guys like him frustrate me, and as a Christian I don't know how to handle it. An old friend married a guy and they started a "church" along the same lines as Lakewood.

Part of me feels like they are flat out lying to people, making God out to be a doctor/ATM, getting rich off of it, and within a group of people that should be publicly challenged so that the true message of Christ's death is not weakened by what often amounts to heretical teachings.

The other part of me looks at him as somebody who may be simply deceived. (Admittedly - I look at my friend and her husband like this more than Joel Osteen). I want so badly to help them come to a correct understanding of the gospel, but they tend to be so very stuck in what they believe.

Bottom line though, is that Joel Osteen probably does need to stop preaching. He is a good encourager, teacher, and motivational speaker, but IMO He is not a bible teacher, and is leading a lot of people in the wrong direction.
        They are a cult, a friendly cult (maybe), but Koresh in nature none the less. There is a church in Frisco that the people talk, walk, dress, act, and so forth in the same cookie cutter manner, all because they've bought into a product that they feel changes their lives. They are even "branded" and have their own logo - if you see a cross that looks like 4 serpents tongues, avoid these assholes. Truth be told, they could spend $50 in leadership books and cover 3 years worth of wasted time and volunteer slavery. Mega churches are a fantastic business model, but the entire deal is really twisted.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        Olsteen is a prosperity preacher. he preaches happy fun time in this life and not much meat and potatoes from the bible.

god bless.
        He is having happy fun times while many in his "flock" struggle to eat, but still give because they've been condemned to think that failing to give is in line with fucking your neighbor's wife after you've killed her in the process of professing other gods, cursing the God, worshipping the headboard, while shitting on your mom and dad, stealing her purse, telling her horrified husband that he should worship Mohammad and telling the guy that you want to fuck his daughter in his Ferrari, all on Sunday.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Like what ELVIS said, he's a prosperity preacher. "If you send me X amount of money, God will bless you in untold ways." He's fucking scamming people out of their money. If what he was saying was true he wouldn't need folks to send him money, he'd have enough and would be able to just give money to people. As most anyone who comes into the theology corner knows that I hate religions in general. Folks who scam/do harm to others in the name of religion need to go die in a tire fire.
        It's Robert Tilton - for whites. "Hold your checkbook against the tv and let the power of Gaw-dah flow through your pen as you write that big check - that goes to paying for my ballin house, the wife's fake tits, the church jet, meth for my whore as well as her apartment and the hush money she needs! Amen"

Comment

Lmfao. Always a wordsmith, Sean.

Comment

I just wanted to cover all 10 commandments

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I just wanted to cover all 10 commandments
              well played sir, well played.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Tim Tebow
                Off-topic but you mentioned his name and I thought of this:

Comment

It's Robert Tilton - for whites. "Hold your checkbook against the tv and let the power of Gaw-dah flow through your pen as you write that big check - that goes to paying for my ballin house, the wife's fake tits, the church jet, meth for my whore as well as her apartment and the hush money she needs! Amen"
                  The Farting Preacher. LMAO. Let's not forget about ole Benny Hinn. That situation is funny. Let's give a guy that was born in Israel (albeit not a jew) money and expect him to be on the up and up..

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Off-topic but you mentioned his name and I thought of this:
                  I haven't seen any news either way, because IDGAF about stick and ball sports, but why should everyone want to hear what a man whose views are in line with a vast majority of the population have to say?

Comment

Working...
                  X