• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I believe he is referring to this:

vi·a·ble [ v əb'l ]
    practicable or worthwhile: able to be done or worth doing
    able to grow: able to germinate or develop normally
    able to survive outside womb: describes a fetus that can survive outside the womb
    Way to NOT choose the correct definition for the conversation..

Comment

As sperm was mentioned and not the child, that is the applicable definition. Did you not say sperm?

One second:

What is this, the catholic fucking church? Every sperm is not sacred.
      Yep you did
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

As sperm was mentioned and not the child, that is the applicable definition. Did you not say sperm?

One second:

Yep you did
        He clearly means when the fetus is viable, since you don't abort sperm.

Feel free to disagree with his opinion, personally I do, but it is not entirely unreasonable to say life begins when a fetus is able to live outside of the womb.

The bottom line is we have to define when life begins. If you ask me I would say at the first heartbeat. Legislate from there. I would encourage personal responsibility that goes farther, including abortion not ever being an option, but that is just me. I won't let the government define my moral standard, be it more or less strict on any given subject (although I will obey the law).
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

When doctors tell me that a fetus that can kick, turn, react to light, has a heartbeat, and so forth isn't alive, then I'll agree with you. If I shoot a pregnant woman and kill her and her fetus I get charged with two counts not one. Can't have the cake and eat it too.

As much as abortion sickens me, I see no authority of the federal government in abortion however if these statists want government involved, then suck it up, it's involved.

Comment

When doctors tell me that a fetus that can kick, turn, react to light, has a heartbeat, and so forth isn't alive, then I'll agree with you. If I shoot a pregnant woman and kill her and her fetus I get charged with two counts not one. Can't have the cake and eat it too.

As much as abortion sickens me, I see no authority of the federal government in abortion however if these statists want government involved, then suck it up, it's involved.
            Agreed. It is either alive or not. You can't call it murder on one hand and not the other.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

No idea how this is even a debate. If I can be charged with murdering it, it's alive. Pretty simple

Comment

No idea how this is even a debate. If I can be charged with murdering it, it's alive. Pretty simple
                False. As has been explained to you before. Why do you guys not come up with better arguments when it's so easy to make you look like fools? Do you think if you say the same bullshit enough times it'll somehow become true?

Comment

Not false. I can't murder something that isn't alive, right? If I can, elaborate as murder kind of requires something to be alive first.

Comment

Not false. I can't murder something that isn't alive, right? If I can, elaborate as murder kind of requires something to be alive first.
                    Answer me something first. If I explain these concepts to you yet again will you shut up about it?

Comment

I agree FF, laws are known to be consistent.

Comment

If you can explain how I can kill something not alive, then I will concede the point.

Comment

Because the law says you can Frost, that's really all there is to it. Trying to wax philosophic over it doesn't really present much.

Comment

At one point, the law also said you could own another person and current law states that you can be rounded up into cattle cars and put into a camp, forfeiting all your property without due process or compensation. A law does not equal right

And yes, internment is still 100% legal.

Comment

I think you missed my point. Or you just continued past it.

Comment

If you can explain how I can kill something not alive, then I will concede the point.
                                Edit: aaaah fuck it. It's not worth it. You're just going to hand waive it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X