X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Oh Where Are the Paulbots?

How do you Paulbots explain this one?

ronpaultweet.jpg

Feb. 7, 2012: Then-Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul speaks in Golden Valley, Minn. (AP)

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul is taking heat for a tweet he sent out Monday afternoon about the Navy SEAL who was killed at a Texas gun range over the weekend.

Chris Kyle, 38, a decorated Iraq war veteran, a former SEAL and author of “American Sniper,” was shot and killed Saturday. Police arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, a veteran authorities say may have a mental illness related to his military service.

In response to the news, Paul tweeted: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

The tweet set off a chain reaction of criticism online.

Aaron Worthing (@AaronWorthing) responded: “What the Hell, @RonPaul? Are you actually blaming Chris Kyle for his own death?”

Michelle Lancaster (@SkiGarmisch) added, “Very disrespectful commentary to this man, his memory and his family. Shame on you.”

Razor (@hale.razor) wrote, “So all veterans, once done serving our nation with honor, deserve to be murdered as civilians? Wow.”

"Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense."

- Former Rep. Ron Paul, on Twitter

Calls and emails to Paul for comment were not immediately returned. He averages about two tweets a day, typically about policy issues ranging from immigration to the Federal Reserve. Paul, who is known for his anti-war views, retired as a long-time Texas congressman earlier this year.

Kyle, the most lethal sniper in the U.S., had 160 confirmed kills. He enlisted in the Navy in February 1999 and was discharged in November 2009. He had four tours in Iraq under his belt and received 14 different awards and decorations, including two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. After leaving the Navy, he wrote his biography, “American Sniper.”

Last year, Kyle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he didn’t go into the service for the money or awards.

“I did it because I felt like it was something that needed to be done and it was honorable,” Kyle said. “I loved the guys.”

Routh, a former corporal in the Marines, is being held on $3 million bond. He is also accused of killing Chad Littlefield, 35, who was at the gun range with Kyle. Routh has been charged with one count of capital murder and two charges of murder. Routh served on active duty from 2006 to 2010. He fought in Iraq in 2007 and was sent to Haiti in 2010.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Yeah I lost all respect for him today. That was one of the most bullshit things I have heard ANY politician say

Comment

The infantry page did a satire report about how it was caused by a clot (a la Clinton). This is bullshit. There's zero he can say to make up for this. Come on you Paul supporters. Explain how he can say this. Spin this

Comment

He committed political suicide with that tweet. I would never vote for an individual who didn't support our veterans.

Eeff Ron Paul!
        Rich

Comment

His account was hacked by anonymous.

lol
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Yeah, I would not have said that. Regardless of the circumstances the man had a family and it is way too soon to be so blunt or forthright. I'm sure in hindsight people will say this kid who pulled the trigger was a lunatic and shouldn't have been near a gun, but the victims did little to nothing to deserve to be murdered.

Comment

That's right up there with the "Just lay back and enjoy it" comment on rape Clint what's his face let loose with back in the 80's...
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                That's right up there with the "Just lay back and enjoy it" comment on rape Clint what's his face let loose with back in the 80's...
                Clayton Williams?
                2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Was a Ron Paul supporter; saw this today and I am not the least bit impressed. I am holding off on any harsh judgement until/if we hear the full story. I do not follow social media, but I know alot of stuff in media gets edited before being reported. I seriously doubt there will be any kind of explanation in which this would be OK in my eyes. In all likelyhood Ron Paul lost me as a supporter today.

I am much more interested in any statement Rand Paul make regarding these shenanigans.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

That comment shouldn't even have entered his ancient skull.

Aides from Ron Paul’s private office were scurrying quickly for an excuse for Ron Paul’s apparent Twitter gaffe regarding the murder of decorated and revered Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.

RON_PAUL_SWORD
                    The Internet was ablaze today following a tweet from former Representative Ron Paul’s Twitter account. The tweet claimed that, “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that “he who lives by the sword dies by the sword,” and that, “Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

This was quickly met with sharp criticism from those among the military and veteran community. Paul’s words were quickly condemned from all corners of the Internet with voices calling for an explanation for what many viewed to be insensitive and offensive language.

From the offices of Ron Paul came this explanation:

“Some time this morning, former Representative Paul suffered a dizzy spell and fainted. Representative Paul was taken to a nearby hospital where he was diagnosed with a brain clot that required immediate emergency surgery.

Representative Paul is recovering privately with his family by his side.

Unfortunately, prior to suffering the dizzy spell, Representative Paul had released a tweet that was a result of the blood clot’s affect on his ability to think rationally. The Representative assures his followers that these words were out of character and do not represent his personal beliefs and were nothing more than the mad rantings of a man suffering a serious medical problem with his brain.

Representative Paul extends his gratitude to the members of the military and their families who have sacrificed so much during these times of conflict and wishes peace to the Kyle and Littlefield families.”

Many are calling into question the validity and timing of Representative Paul’s sudden serious illness. It is not clear if Representative Paul will allow the release of his medical information – though we are pushing his aides to do so to settle any doubt to his claims.

We will keep you up to date with updates to this still breaking story.

Comment

Paul's clot timing sounds an aweful lot like Hillary's medical issues and their timing with the Benghazi hearings.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        Paul's clot timing sounds an aweful lot like Hillary's medical issues and their timing with the Benghazi hearings.
                        Good catch!
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          I think that was the point. This was under Satire

Comment

It was a terribly insensitive remark given the kind of man that the Chief was but it is also brutally to the point. Think of the reaction if Biden said that the only solution to solving most gun crime was to completely dis-arm inner city blacks. Both statements have a ring of truth to them.

Never like Ron Paul and like him even less now. I also figured him to be a more adept politician then to foolishly step into a pile of shit like he did here.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I think since he's out of office we'll get more 'senior' moments like this

Comment

Working...
                              X