More modern way of living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More modern way of living

(Editor's note: The following Letter to the Editor, published in the Jan. 23 edition, has gone viral on the Web after a reader linked it to a Fox News Facebook page. It had received more than 4,000 comments and been shared more than 12,000 times by Tuesday morning.)

Beaufort, N.C.

Jan. 17, 2013

TO THE EDITOR:

Republicans and “so-called” conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We Democrats are sick and tired of Republicans constantly using the Constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else. Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don’t know the exact statistics, but I’m quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead City, when it comes to gun violence.

But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason? No, of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the Constitution, as if the Constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the Constitution, I’d say, and President Obama needs to change it.

The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country. I think all this demonstrates that the Constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president. Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way. Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that’s just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I don’t want to get crank calls.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Was that written by a child in junior high school (I really hope) or was it actually written by an adult (sadly this is more likely)?

Comment

At first I figured it was a horrible troll attempt, kind of like twinkle puss does here...

Comment

I have no idea. I just figured I'd share a laugh at idiot liberals
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I wonder if it hurts being that dumb.

Comment

I think even a percentage of liberals are shaking their heads on that one.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I have no idea. I just figured I'd share a laugh at idiot liberals
                My guess is it's a so-called "conservative" trolling as a liberal.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

haha!!!!

Comment

Because their way is better huh?

Thats the same argument used during the slave days...the same argument used during the revolution that freed us from Britan....and the same argument that anyone uses who is so hard headed as to think their way of life is better than other's way of life.

Who are they, or anyone, to tell me how to live my life? Because they claim this piece of dirt we live on? Honestly, I am getting to the point where human mentality in general is annoying me. We seem to think we have it all figured out, because we “control” this world we exist in…its much bigger than what we think

It is nice to hope that some day, we will all be able to enjoy piece at last...one day but it will never happen. There will always be some A$$hole who thinks they have it all figured out...

Makes me sad man
                    Originally posted by Sean88gt
                    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Is this the "more modern" way of living they want?

Fuck that noise.

I lived in Jacksonville, NC (south of Morehead City) for 4 and a half years, and while that place sucked balls and had it's own problems it's nowhere near Chicago. I could actually walk around that town and Jacksonville without feeling like I was gonna get my head caved in for the 2 bucks I had in my pocket.
                      2004 Suzuki DL650
                      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        My guess is it's a so-called "conservative" trolling as a liberal.
                        That's what I said, when it was posted on Facebook...it reads like satire.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          X2

Wow, has this individual ever been to Chicago? Civilized isn't a term I would use to describe it.

Change the constitution? Just what place is this maroon from?
                          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                            That's what I said, when it was posted on Facebook...it reads like satire.
                            Satire, until you actually talk to some of them, then it could be as real as it reads.

Comment

It really is getting harder and harder to figure out what is real any more. I find it completely hilarious, regardless of legitimacy, however a small part of me knows that even if it is satire, there are still people out there who are this stupid and uneducated, and worse still, behind them is a long line of more of the same. If it is invented, that C-Section bit is fucking brilliantly hilarious, at any rate.

Comment

Working...
                              X