Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fact check: Did Obama end hot breakfasts for troops in Afghanistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
    . There were still FOBS that only served 1 meal a day. We had been there for 7 years, and guys were eating MRE's for 2 meals a day. The one hot meal was garbage as fuck, and prepared by army cooks.
    This summed up every deployment I was ever on, I hear people bitching and moaning about meals and quality of life on deployments now and I want to just slap them.

In OIF1 03-04 we got 1 hot meal, we had 1 sat phone for the entire BN to share, If you were lucky you could make a 10 minute phone call once a month. I learned to make friends real quick with the signal people so I could sometime get on the internet to check and send email. We had no AC, or warm water. On the plus side we were actually allowed to fight and did not have our hands tied by politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      When the fuck did all of our troops grow vaginas?
      As someone else stated above if a soldier/airman/Marine ect isn't complaining about something he/she is probably dead There's always something to bitch about. Shitty hours, shitty food, shitty living conditions in the barracks, blah blah blah.

At least if they are bitching you know they are alive and are generally in decent spirits when they have something to bitch about.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

If they ain't complaining, they ain't training...etc...etc.

Yeah, modern troops DO have good food compared to many past wars and I think it became expected. Truth is, that is a huge luxury. MREs are plenty good. I would still like to hear that if possible, 1 hot a day is provided though.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          If they ain't complaining, they ain't training...etc...etc.

Yeah, modern troops DO have good food compared to many past wars and I think it became expected. Truth is, that is a huge luxury. MREs are plenty good. I would still like to hear that if possible, 1 hot a day is provided though.
          Depends on the base and depends on whether or not the DFAC falls under a LOGCAP contract, also where that base is slated on the closure list.

Go to a COP an you will not have LOGCAP most of the times but there are some that do. Even still all our DFACs are serving two hot meals if not three, still.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
          X