"This nation of immigrants"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    The world is made up of black, white and grey. With grey being the biggest portion. Why would they be legal? What benefits to them? How's their English? I don't think Randy or myself are looking for any concession speeches, just honest debate.
    All I had to say was that I would be using my same crew. It doesn't matter that four of the six brothers were born here, I'm guessing. All I had to say was my crew is good. I didn't start the debate on who was and is not.
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

my family came here on boats.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        The world is made up of black, white and grey. With grey being the biggest portion. Why would they be legal? What benefits to them? How's their English? I don't think Randy or myself are looking for any concession speeches, just honest debate.
        I get the impression he doesn't want to debate much. Though I'm currently not doing any new construction, I've been helping feed Mexican families a long time. My trim, masonry, concrete, and roofing crews are all made up of hispanics. Some, I'm sure, are not here legally, although I CAN guarantee that the owners/lead men are all legitimate tax-paying citizens. If you were to call any of them today, they would all tell you I pay like a slot machine, and they love me, as I do them.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          my family came here on boats.

god bless.
          As did mine. Italians in 1902 (documented), and Germans in 1865/6 (best we can tell).

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
            Come on Randy. There are more legals than you think doing it. Hell, how else would all the builders be able to get houses built? You drive through DR Hortons neighborhoods and all they have building, for the most part, are mexicans, and I know they are pretty stringent on their checks.

But, maybe I'm just naive.
            Builders sub the jobs out. Those roofers arent DR horton employees id almost guarantee it.

Comment

Just make them US citizens, Obama has many tits for them to suck on. They will drain the already drained system, they will be able to get welfare, food stamps, tax credits, section 8, and any other tit sucking program the government has. And you and I get to pay for it. And they get to vote, democrat of course.
              http://DallasGunTrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by stang View Post
                Just make them US citizens, Obama has many tits for them to suck on. They will drain the already drained system, they will be able to get welfare, food stamps, tax credits, section 8, and any other tit sucking program the government has. And you and I get to pay for it. And they get to vote, democrat of course.
                Imagine the surpise of the mondays and mexicans when they've tipped the scales in their favor and are forced to go to work to keep the mechanism running. At least we know there will be management positions.

Comment

Originally posted by stang View Post
                  I guess Im in the minority (no pun intended) because I have met very few lazy hispanics. They work their asses off so Im personally not worried about them going on welfare. Now there are other things many can argue they will "leech" off like healthcare but I have never doubted their work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                    I guess Im in the minority (no pun intended) because I have met very few lazy hispanics. They work their asses off so Im personally not worried about them going on welfare. Now there are other things many can argue they will "leech" off like healthcare but I have never doubted their work ethic.
                    In my opinion, very few white or black men will shovel concrete or sling shingles all day when it's 105 degree's outside. I know I won't. They already leech off our health care system, and it's not going to change, so why not get them to help support it?
                    What we are hearing about is nothing more than an "outline". I've heard Rubio on the radio several times today, and a lot of things have to happen before they are allowed to be citizens. It's not an "amnesty" program, but a faster track to acquire citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      In my opinion, very few white or black men will shovel concrete or sling shingles all day when it's 105 degree's outside. I know I won't. They already leech off our health care system, and it's not going to change, so why not get them to help support it?
                      What we are hearing about is nothing more than an "outline". I've heard Rubio on the radio several times today, and a lot of things have to happen before they are allowed to be citizens. It's not an "amnesty" program, but a faster track to acquire citizenship.
                      Rubio said that the illegals would have to do a list of things just to be able to apply for citizenship. Another thing that was mentioned is that there had to be clearly defined rules for enforcement for future illegals.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        Rubio said that the illegals would have to do a list of things just to be able to apply for citizenship. Another thing that was mentioned is that there had to be clearly defined rules for enforcement for future illegals.
                        To which Obama already said no.

Comment

Working...
                        X