Here it comes H.R.226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Beyond the stupidity of the law itself, this stands out as especially stupid..

So you only want law abiding citizens to turn in these weapons. Who gives a fuck if a criminal turns it in. They can keep them...

I know it is kinda pointless because I'm doubtful most criminals file taxes anyways. It could also encourage theft of legally owned weapons. However, why would they care if there end goal is to get these weapons off the street.

Just friggin madness. Thankfully this bill is DoA since it originated in the House.
    It just goes to show how very out of touch with the real world many legislators are. Thinking that by enacting more laws, criminals will magically say, "Oh, I guess I had better start obeying the law".
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Buy back my shit with my money... sounds great.
      my exact thoughts... fuck that!

Comment

Man - there are a lot of decent guns on that damned list! WTF?!
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          It just goes to show how very out of touch with the real world many legislators are. Thinking that by enacting more laws, criminals will magically say, "Oh, I guess I had better start obeying the law".
          Chicago and New York are havens of peace and love, free of gun crime and have been for years. Don't you know this?

Comment

That said tax CREDIT does not mean you will get 2k back, you get to subtract 2k from you income....Less than 50 bucks in real money.

Comment

Originally posted by tazz007 View Post
              That said tax CREDIT does not mean you will get 2k back, you get to subtract 2k from you income....Less than 50 bucks in real money.
              I kinda went thru that thought process a few years ago with, if I remember correctly, the cash for clunkers deal. I thought credit=deduction, but there is a difference. A deduction is an amount you can deduct from your gross income to lower your tax bill. A credit is a straight refund on your tax bill.

Comment

Working...
              X