No announcement yet.

Ray Nagin indicted....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Orleans will remain a chocolate city. I wonder if he will be taking a bus to prison?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      New Orleans will remain a chocolate city. I wonder if he will be taking a bus to prison?
      Hopefully, a yellow one. It will be in remembrance of the hundreds of people he could have saved had he let the school buses run that day. Piss on that racist bastard...

Comment

You can take Nagin out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of Nagin.

Comment

With a 95% federal conviction rate... he will get what is long overdue to him. On a side note I was not aware he was living in Frisco now, talk about bringing down the property value

Comment

speaking of, whats going on with John Wylie Price? Did they ever charge him?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              Hell, I figured they'd be cell-mates.

Comment

Good. He and John Wiley price. Can drop dead!
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I figured more people would be upset down here. But the folks in Nola east have spoken up for the indictment. Thats mostly the neighborhoods where the
                  hershy bars live and most of the Katrina flooding took place.

Comment

Originally posted by turboford View Post
                    I figured more people would be upset down here. But the folks in Nola east have spoken up for the indictment. Thats mostly the neighborhoods where the
                    hershy bars live and most of the Katrina flooding took place.
                    That's not surprising in the least. He had a lot of poor peoples' houses torn down for no good reason.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                      I was there during his reelection. It was all about big goverenment owing them money. Want some light reading look up the Jefferson politicians down there. Ask yourself one question where did BILLIONS of relief aid go?
                      i was too. funny. i have a copy of the Times-Picayune that printed his whole "chocolate city" speech. good times.
                      2011 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        Last I heard a couple days ago the feds are now going after his attorney for tax evasion

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012...ttorneys.html/

The U.S. Justice Department has filed a civil lawsuit against John Carney, a defense lawyer for embattled Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price, seeking to collect some of the $5.3 million in unpaid taxes it says he owes.

The government says Carney has a “pattern of tax avoidance” and his debt amounts to federal income, employment and unemployment taxes.

Authorities’ attempt to foreclose on a house they say Carney owns appears to be the latest salvo in a tax dispute that goes back to the mid-1980s.

His tax problems include at least one case that was appealed in 2001 to the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Carney could not be reached Friday for comment.

“He has failed to pay his federal personal and business tax debts for decades,” the suit said, noting that his law firm employs 27 people.

The Justice Department’s tax division filed the suit on Friday, also listing Carney’s mother, Norma Carney, as a defendant. Federal authorities want to foreclose on and sell a 5,390-square-foot North Dallas house it says Carney owns under the name of a trust to try to satisfy the judgment, court records show.

The Hatchett Trust is a “sham trust” that Carney created with the help of his parents to try to prevent the government from collecting his tax debt, the lawsuit says.

The house, on Strait Lane, is valued at $819,850 by the Dallas Central Appraisal District. The suit says Carney bought it in 2004 when he owed the Internal Revenue Service more than $1 million and that he used at least $100,000 of his own money for the down payment. It also said Carney lived in the two-story house with a pool.

The government also alleges that Carney used a tax shelter in 1991. It said he was a limited partner in the Cinema ’84 and Cinema ’85 limited partnerships from 1984 through 1989. In 1991, however, the IRS determined the partnerships were “tax shelter investments lacking economic substance,” the suit said.

Carney is representing Price, who the feds are accusing in court papers of bribery, money laundering and bankruptcy fraud. No charges have been filed in that case, but the government wants to keep money it seized from Price from his home safe as well as a recent land sale.

The lawsuit said the annual gross sales of Carney’s law firm are $5 million per year.

“Carney has a history of failing to timely file his employment tax returns for his law firm, understating his income tax liability, failing to make estimated tax payments, and failing to pay the tax due he reports on his tax returns,” the suit said.

Price could not be reached for comment. He also is represented by Billy Ravkind, who also could not be reached.

Comment

Maybe they'll put Nagin in Edwin Edwards old cell..

Comment

He'll be found not guilty inside of 42 days. Someone get a pool going...
                            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              He'll be found not guilty inside of 42 days. Someone get a pool going...

I'll agree if he is tried in NOLA. However the Feds got smart a few years ago and started doing these trials in Shreveport. Their conviction rates skyrocketed. Edwin Edwards was tried four times and acquitted in NOLA courts. They nailed him the first time he was tried in Shreveport.

Comment

Why am I not surprised?

Comment

Working...
                                X