• Show
Clear All

• Ray Nagin indicted....

Sweet.

Former New Orleans mayor indicted on federal corruption charges
    By Michael Martinez, CNN
    updated 2:58 PM EST, Fri January 18, 2013

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Nagin is accused of bribery, money laundering, fraud and filing false tax returns
    A 25-page federal indictment alleges he gave "no bid" work to a city contractor
    That city contractor allegedly gave "concealed and direct campaign monies" to Nagin
    Nagin was the voice of a devastated New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina in 2005
    (CNN) -- Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who captured the drama of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 with an "SOS" call to the nation, was indicted Friday on 21 federal corruption charges, including bribery, money laundering, fraud and filing false tax returns.
    Nagin allegedly defrauded the city through "a bribery and kickback scheme" in which he received checks, cash, wire transfers, personal services and free travel from businessmen seeking favorable treatment, the 25-page federal indictment said.
    Among the conspiracy charges is an accusation that Nagin awarded "no bid" work to a city contractor who provided "concealed and direct campaign monies" to Nagin, the indictment says.
    In 2005, as Katrina became the single most catastrophic natural disaster in U.S. history, Nagin took center stage on behalf of victims when he excoriated the slow pace of federal and state relief efforts, even using profanities.
    Nagin, who is black, urged the reconstruction of a "chocolate New Orleans," adding "You can't have New Orleans no other way." He later apologized, saying everyone was welcome to the city.
    The hurricane slammed the Gulf coast in 2005 and killed 1,833 people, directly or indirectly, in five states. Damages totaled $108 billion, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Good. Fuck Ray Nagin.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Holder will find a reason to blame this on Bush and let him off
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Haha!

Comment

Why can't black politicians keep their hands out of the fucking cookie jar?
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Just like our prez, they think they're above the law.

Comment

I was there during his reelection. It was all about big goverenment owing them money. Want some light reading look up the Jefferson politicians down there. Ask yourself one question where did BILLIONS of relief aid go?

Comment

Marion Barry comes to mind.

Comment

I am doing a job here in New Orleans right now. You want an electrical or HVAC inspection, its going to cost you extra. (Just leave the envelope in the panel)

Comment

Oh, sure. Politicians are only crooked when black.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Marion Barry comes to mind.
                      ^

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Whoop dair he izzzzzzz! Here come da Judge........

Comment

Why can't white politicians stop fucking around on their wives with the help?
                          Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Oh, sure. Politicians are only crooked when black.
                          You know who you're talking to, right.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Oh and fuck Ray Nagin!
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The sad thing is, he was a huge improvement over past NOLA mayors..

Comment

Working...
                              X