Utah smoothly bar owner charges liberals $1 extra per drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah smoothly bar owner charges liberals $1 extra per drink

A juice and smoothie bar owner in Utah is charging liberals an extra dollar for drinks.

George Burnett, owner of I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar, says he's trying to make a point about fiscal responsibility.

“We have a fiscal problem in this country. We’ve got to deal with it or we don’t have a country, so to kind of help make that point, just a little bit, I charge liberals just a little bit more. Really what I’m focused on is the fiscal differences between big government/small government and liberal ways, as far as entitlements and spending,” said Burnett, in a KSL.com report.

Burnett says the extra money will go to support the conservative Washngton-based think tank, The Heritage Foundation.

Burnett, also a pro-oil and gas activist, plainly lists prices for his drinks, with colorful names like Drakes Well, Oil Creek and Old American. Conservatives: $4.95, Liberals: $5.95, and Crew Team Members: $3.95.

Not all are finding his "liberal tax" sweet tasting. Some have criticized the move on Facebook saying it is "pathetic" and "offensive." One user, Justin Olson, wrote: “If you own a business, you don’t insult half of your potential customers. That’s Econ 101.”

But many don't appear to mind the extra charge.

Another user Splinter Baker wrote: "I LOVE what you're doing! Never back down! keep it up!

The owner of “I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar,” is charging liberals more for their drinks than their conservative counterparts.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Good for him for sticking to his beliefs, but not a smart business move.

Comment

Depends. If his clientele are mostly conservative, he's golden. You also don't have to tell him your ideology so he would have to charge the 4.95. Liberals however, love being liberal and love wealth redistribution so they should be lining up to pay more

Comment

I doubt there are many liberals in Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
          I doubt there are many liberals in Utah.
          Frost is moving to Utah!
          sigpic

Comment

Title fix

Utah smoothly bar owner smoothly charges liberals $1 extra per drink

EDIT: D'oh I guess it could be smoothie bar

Comment

And that Is the problem with a lot of America these days, too many people find things offensive and rude...get over it! I like what this guy is doing, props son...

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Frost is moving to Utah!
                I'd never move that far from you buttercup. I've finally gotten you past your gag reflex

Comment

A good amount of liberals here but mostly conservative. Bad news for business? He is making national news doing it. Now everyone has heard of him so I say it is great business.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    I'd never move that far from you buttercup. I've finally gotten you past your gag reflex
                    But you still get mad when i shit on your chest and force you to give me a blumpkin.
                    sigpic

Comment

But you still get mad when i shit on your chest and force you to give me a blumpkin.
                      I do believe you've confused me with another of your customers. I enjoy urinating on you and then sticking the $10 in your mouth while making you meow like a cat.

Comment

Would you two cyber each other in PMs and get it over with?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          I do believe you've confused me with another of your customers. I enjoy urinating on you and then sticking the $10 in your mouth while making you meow like a cat.
                          How do you feel knowing i gave every $10 you spent to obama's campaign fund?
                          sigpic

Comment

How do you feel knowing i gave every $10 you spent to obama's campaign fund?
                            Hey, what you did with it is up to you. Capitalism is like that. You performed a service, if you would like to give it to your king, then by all means render unto Caesar.

Comment

Originally posted by wishitwasasvt View Post
                              And that Is the problem with a lot of America these days, too many people find things offensive and rude...get over it! I like what this guy is doing, props son...
                              The words offensive and offended are used too loosely these days.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X